Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

toj

Wonderful to hear...I will finally be able to get one new.

ladybird

Just received more confirmation that the Bohemian Gothic will be reprinted again this Autumn. I wish it was in time for Halloween. Oh well.

"Can I take the opportunity to let people know that we are finally planning to reprint The Bohemian Gothic Tarot this autumn. You can keep up to date with progress on our BabaStudios Facebook page - and see more about the deck here:

http://bohemiangothic.com/"

Disa

of course I don't have a facebook account. Another reprint, hmm maybe I should get rid of some of my extras.

greatdane

good to know....Thanks Ladybird

I know if it has a different Lovers card, I'm in! They always change some cards more than others, I'm hoping the Lovers is one of the ones from the second ed changed. OK I JUST read their FB page and they are saying they may just do an exact reprint. THANK YOU person who asked the LOVERS card be changed! Seriously, only a few thought that card didn't match the old style of the others in that deck? It's not that the card is awful, it's that it looks modern (no matter WHAT she's wearing, it's like Bella in a corset) and doesn't go with the OLD photo style of the other cards. It just reminds me of Bella or Elena next to a cardboard cutout of a vampire. For those of you WHO LOVE this image and think it's style perfectly matches the older looking photos in the deck, well, you have it in the second edition. I'm hoping for a choice in the third, like the lovely person in FB said, maybe two Lovers cards? If the third comes out with the same Lovers, that would keep me from getting it and if it's an exact reprint anyway, I have the second edition, so I would pass on the third edition.

strings of life

I know if it has a different Lovers card, I'm in! They always change some cards more than others, I'm hoping the Lovers is one of the ones from the second ed changed. OK I JUST read their FB page and they are saying they may just do an exact reprint. THANK YOU person who asked the LOVERS card be changed! Seriously, only a few thought that card didn't match the old style of the others in that deck? It's not that the card is awful, it's that it looks modern (no matter WHAT she's wearing, it's like Bella in a corset) and doesn't go with the OLD photo style of the other cards. It just reminds me of Bella or Elena next to a cardboard cutout of a vampire. For those of you WHO LOVE this image and think it's style perfectly matches the older looking photos in the deck, well, you have it in the second edition. I'm hoping for a choice in the third, like the lovely person in FB said, maybe two Lovers cards? If the third comes out with the same Lovers, that would keep me from getting it and if it's an exact reprint anyway, I have the second edition, so I would pass on the third edition.
I agree with you about The Lovers card in the 2nd edition. I sold my 2nd edition copies due to that and kept my 1st edition Silver and standard decks, my favorite of the two versions. All a matter of opinion, I know, but the female in the Lovers just looked so modern compared to all of the other imagery. The Lovers in the 1st edition is one of my favorites of any Lovers, so I was sad to see it replaced. But you can't satisfy everyone, right? If that card remains the same in this 3rd printing, I'll pass on buying a copy of this. Two copies of a deck is enough anyway.

I'm happy that this will be reprinted again so that people can continue to enjoy it. Such a great deck!

greatdane

I'm glad if people who missed it will get a chance

If someone missed out on that last reprint, I hope they can get it. I thought once certain incarnations of their decks were out of print, they were out of print. I didn't think they ever did exact copies. I feel for those who spent a fortune after it went oop getting one if the exact same one will be reprinted, but I hope anyone who wants a copy can now get one. I thought with the Alice coming out, a new Boho Gothic wouldn't get made til sometime in 2014 so this is good news. Glad you got the first ones Aurarcana. I missed that boat and no way can I afford them now. I have the second edition and will be satisfied with that if no changes are made to the third.

HuskyChariot

I would also love to see blood red gilt edging in the 3rd edition. I would also love a mini :heart:

I carry my mini VR in my work bag, even though I rarely use it I find it comforting to have it about my person.

I love seeing cards re-worked, so they could mess with all the cards if they wanted and I wouldn't mind. Even if I didn't necessarily prefer the changes I would still prefer that than sameness (but I'm the lucky owner of a silver and 2 2nd editions). I do prefer the lovers card from the 1st edition and given Karen's habit of dropping by the forum, I daresay she has heard the feedback and will either change it back or redo it (if she is one to make changes based on public opinion).

I also prefer the card stock of the first edition.. this also goes for the VR... it just seems silkier.

karen0205

Karen posted on fb that there probably would be very few changes and all but
said no to a mini size. I think they want to do a straight reprint, at least that
is what she said they were trying to do. They might tweak a few cards but it
seems the deck will essentially be the same as the second.

Gulliver

Sorry, I don't know something about - is there a possibility for pre-ordering?

MysticalMoose

I have several copies of the BoGo, First Ed, a couple of Pewters and a a plain edged. And I can't say I'm keen on either Lovers card tbh. The 1st Ed Lovers gave me the creeps and I agree that the 2nd is too modern. Having said that its still one of my all time favourite decks .. But, to see it with blood red edges would be amazing, as would a mini. We can hope and pray lol