Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

Miss Divine

I also prefer the card stock of the first edition.. this also goes for the VR... it just seems silkier.

I didn't like that cardstock at all. The VR 2012 has the best cardstock IMO. :laugh:

Gulliver

.. But, to see it with blood red edges would be amazing, as would a mini. We can hope and pray lol

My opinion relating to the red edges is that it would looks a little bit cheap (I don't know, whether you can say this in englisch like in german). The effect of the Bohemian Gothic Tarot is subtle and not so apparent, it is very ingenious. Red edges would destroy the charm. It is my opinion.

Altena

If any changes are planned for the third edition I will probably not be able to resist it, even with the first edition, two copies of the second(pewter and regular) and the Silver. A mini would be awesome.

Think I'm one of the few who prefers the 2nd edition Lovers card to that of the first. I like the idea of one being the vampire and the other being human. Different tastes and all that :)

ZKEI

From BabaStudio's Facebook, the work has started with minor changes.

A small print run is expected.

Nina*

Think I'm one of the few who prefers the 2nd edition Lovers card to that of the first. I like the idea of one being the vampire and the other being human. Different tastes and all that :)

I prefer the second one too. A LOT!

I agree the cardstock on the last VR is the best. Ever.

Le Fanu

THANK YOU person who asked the LOVERS card be changed!
*cough* *blush*

I so want another Lovers card to use. If they could include the 1st and 2nd Lovers card in this edition it would keep others happy too. I have a hunch it might not be changed. More crossed fingers in readings that the Lovers card doesn't come. The power of the mind - just don't come to me for a reading about your boyfriend because if I use the BG 2nd edition, you'll NEVER get the Lovers card coming out in a spread!

I love this deck truly madly deeply and of course I'll buy more copies of another edition because I'm like that. I think they've probably run out of "edges" to do - no gold, no pewter - I'm happy with it being simple. I'm happy with it in any way, shape or form.

I'll be honest though, I can do without a mini - this deck is too fabulously detailed and dark for a mini. It wouldn't work. People may think they want it for the squeal-value but I don't think this is a deck that would work well shrunken. I use my mini Victorian Romantic less than I thought. Why have beautiful images tiny when you can have them BIG?

karen0205

*cough* *blush*

I'll be honest though, I can do without a mini - this deck is too fabulously detailed and dark for a mini. It wouldn't work. People may think they want it for the squeal-value but I don't think this is a deck that would work well shrunken. I use my mini Victorian Romantic less than I thought. Why have beautiful images tiny when you can have them BIG?
I don't understand the appeal of the mini decks. They are so small, I have a hard time seeing the detail in the cards. I don't want to have to stop and lean over and squint at a card in a reading, hahahahaha. Maybe I need glasses? Decks that are lighter like the Vanessa, that artwork translates well to a small size but I don't think this would. I think there would be some disappointment with people over that.

My minor change would be all the eyes on the people in the cards. I think in the effort to lighten the images they made the whites of their eyes brighter and some of the cards now look startled. I wish they would soften those a bit but good grief, that's nothing that is going to stop me from using the deck. I also would Love it if the Hermit had red glow-y eyes in that card. Just me, I think it would be creepy but in a good way.

Regarding card stock, the VR reprint from 2012 was great. I hope they use that same type. Wouldn't it be awesome? getting excited

greatdane

Reasons

OK to those who are fine with the second not being redone, reprinted as is, because they have the first, and love that and use that more anyway. I don't, I have the second, love it with the exception of the Lovers card, so that's why if I could have a choice, if they just put in two Lovers cards, I'm in! I agree with the different tastes, Altena, and I don't think it's a bad card, I just wanted it to look...older. SO...since some who have the first edition loved that one and some liked second one, I think just putting those two in would be perfect. They usually do an extra card anyway, right? I vote for two Lovers cards!

Le Fanu, I should have known. Enough said :).

Ah Gulliver, I agree red isn't optimal even though I have mentioned it as a possibility too. It's just I know they have said in the past they wouldn't reprint exact ones of previous special editions, like the silver in the first, and the pewter edged in the second. So if they DID do another special, which sounds like they won't, so not an issue, I was just trying to think of what was left that could possibly work!

Regarding the minis, the MRP/Baba decks in their regular size are a bit harder for me to shuffle, I can, but that's why the appeal of a mini to me OR if there was a size just a WEEEE bit smaller than their usual sizes. Heck I think they could sell more just doing one a little small if they're doing a reprint of basically the same deck. I LOVE the borderless and bigger cards, my hands don't love to shuffle them quite as much.

Well I am fine with the cardstock of the second edition I have, I agree with Karen and others who mentioned the VicRom's stock. I certainly wouldn't mind having the second in that either! In fact, the Victorian Romantic is easier for me to shuffle, even in the bigger cards because of that stock :).

Juliana

So happy that there will be a reprint, and I'm glad they will be making minor changes. But the "small print run" makes me nervous. Makes me worry that the price will be higher, and that it will sell out sooner. I just hope I catch the pre-order.

greatdane

Good point, Juliana

Considering the expected price of the Alice, I am wondering what the newest Boho Gothic will cost. There's always been a limited run with their decks, it's just HOW limited....