Brand new tarot deck warped.

Meemai

I kept them in the original box but they are warped, I had them in the box for a day or 3 til I got my tarot bags and put them in hte bag. Warped....

I bought the deck Anna K at bookdepository.com sadly they are warped. Do you think there is any point in mailing them about it? Did you ever buy a deck there that was warped? I really love the bookdepository and ussually they are really helpful when you get books that are damaged or that did not arive at all.. But this was with books I never tried with tarot cards.

On the other hand there might be ways to unwarp them? I looked at an old topic about it and there was people saying put them between books or put them with you when you shower so they soak up some steam, with dammaging them. But there have been people that said nothing worked also...

Please let me know!

Citrin

Hmm how bad is it? I'd take a pic and e-mail them about it, writing I'm disappointed.

From Amazon I bought the Vanessa Tarot recently, which comes in a tin can, and the cards were all good but unfortunately the tin can was a little dented. It annoyed me but not enough to complain lol if it would've been the cards I would've wanted either a new deck or some kind of compensation.

Marirowana

Oh that's a shame! It shouldn't have happened, I think they need to pack their products carefull enough to make sure the cards can't be damaged on their journey to your house.

Be sure to e-mail them about it with a picture, you can at least try and see what they say. If they won't replace it, you can still look for ways to straighten them.

If you have good experiences with their help with books, I'm sure their service will be just as good with tarot decks! I'd like to hear how they handled it, because I was planning to order something too.

Onion Budgie

I kept them in the original box but they are warped, I had them in the box for a day or 3 til I got my tarot bags and put them in hte bag. Warped....

Did they actually arrive warped, or did they warp during the three days you had them before transferring them to the bag? Your way of phrasing makes it seem as if the warping happened afterwards, during those three days. Not the Book Depository's fault, if that's the case. :)

avalonian

I often find decks with a tendency to warp, and I have to say it is a particular problem with Llewellyn decks, which the mass market Anna K is. Having said that, I have checked mine and they are relatively flat. I have stored them laying flat rather than with the box upright so I don't know if that has helped.

I have always found the Book Depository excellent with their customer service, they have replaced a deck for me before when one of the cards was damaged, but as Onion Budgie has said, this probably isn't their fault, it is more an issue with Llewellyn.

I have managed to smooth out bendy cards before by gently bending them in the opposite direction, but having looked at my Anna K, I think you would have to be very gentle with them so as not to crease them, so I think I'd send them an email and see what happens.

:) :) :)

greatdane

I would contact Book Depo

I only have Anna's self-published second ed, but if I got a deck from Amazon or Book Depo and it was warped, I would certainly contact them.

Grizabella

What I've found is that some decks will warp but then they un-warp on their own. Just shuffle them awhile and see if that helps. Or if you don't want to do that, just wait a few days and see if they lie flat. Or put them under some heavy books for a couple of days.

I love Llewellyn card stock. It's wonderful to shuffle. And I've never had a deck of theirs become damaged. I shuffle a LOT and they just don't wear out.

Meemai

Did they actually arrive warped, or did they warp during the three days you had them before transferring them to the bag? Your way of phrasing makes it seem as if the warping happened afterwards, during those three days. Not the Book Depository's fault, if that's the case. :)

I never unpacked them I took the package unpacked the cardwood box that it was in, and unpacked it after three days.

I often find decks with a tendency to warp, and I have to say it is a particular problem with Llewellyn decks, which the mass market Anna K is. Having said that, I have checked mine and they are relatively flat. I have stored them laying flat rather than with the box upright so I don't know if that has helped.

I have always found the Book Depository excellent with their customer service, they have replaced a deck for me before when one of the cards was damaged, but as Onion Budgie has said, this probably isn't their fault, it is more an issue with Llewellyn.

I have managed to smooth out bendy cards before by gently bending them in the opposite direction, but having looked at my Anna K, I think you would have to be very gentle with them so as not to crease them, so I think I'd send them an email and see what happens.

:) :) :)

Yes I am not badmouthing book depository I really love them. I was just wondering if people ever contacted them before. Like I said they have very good service. I have even ordered 4 books and a deck from them even after I found the warped cards. They are way cheaper than in my country. And I guess this can happen with this particular publisher it is sad, but I will see what I can do. I will straighten them out anyway! Thanks a lot.

nisaba

There's not a problem with warped decks as far as I'm concerned. As long as they are not so bent that they can't be shuffled.

Sometimes I'll very gently bend the whole deck against the curl, then cut it and swap the halves, and bend against the curl again. But usually I just leave them as they are.

The honour and glory of a deck is in their character - something untouched from the printing-press has no character yet. So leave their warp in, at least until they are starting to fade or have picked up a stain or two. :)

JonneyVK

I had a similar problem only more subtle - chariot card was a slightly paler back than rest of cards. Vendor offered a refund but agreed to accept defect. Warped is a bit different though. If I was you would send back.