Brand new tarot deck warped.

nisaba

Why? It doesn't make it unshuffleable. Before the cards are printed and cut, the cardstock is on huge rollers. Often the "warp" reflects this. Using them often works.

NadaJ

Hmm...I think most of my cards have arrived warped. But I think that's just what happens sometimes, especially with climate changes (warehouse, delivery truck, home, etc). I just bend them back and forth as I shuffle. Problem solved!

Rosewater

Most of my decks have warped to varying degrees. When it bothers me, I just bend them back in the way Nisaba suggested. A word of advice - one way to avoid serious warping is to never leave your cards out in the hot sun or near a heater or fireplace. My Crystal Visions cards (which is not a Llewellyn deck) developed a strong curve after being only a short while in the sun. I did manage to straighten them, but it took a lot of bending back. I love reading cards outdoors, but now make sure they stay in the shade.

frejasphere

Hmm...I think most of my cards have arrived warped. But I think that's just what happens sometimes, especially with climate changes (warehouse, delivery truck, home, etc). I just bend them back and forth as I shuffle. Problem solved!

Climate yes! I've had decks warp and unwarp following changes in weather... paper / card will absorb and release (small amounts) of moisture. Using the deck seems to even things out :)

Why? It doesn't make it unshuffleable. Before the cards are printed and cut, the cardstock is on huge rollers. Often the "warp" reflects this. Using them often works.

... and this makes sense too - paper has memory :)