Camoin Method, Example for Analysis, Paul #1

Paul

Lee said:
Very interesting! I'm particularly intrigued by the method's ability to allow for a reading with breadth and depth, while at the same time being relatively simple and straightforward in its process.

Paul, can you explain the law of columns? I think this is a piece of information that we're missing, unless I simply missed it in previous posts or on Camoin's site. Why is IV to VIII considered a column but the other two columns are not?

Hmmmm. Well, yeah, columns are indeed everywhere.
:confused: Not Sure Alert: I'm not sure on this one, but think this is correct given all of my dialogues with my friends across the pond who are versed in the method.

In more complex spreads, columns may ascend with 3 or more cards. So, this shows an evolution of a matter, given the particular column's placement in time: Past, Present, Future. Columns that are way ahead in the spread, may be Far Future; or columns that are placed far to the left may be Distant Past.

In the case of the reversed/solution card columns, while these are certainly itty bitty columns, they really more so show a problem and its solution. The interesting column of note is Le Jugement and L'Imperatrice, because this is not a simple problem/solution relationship. It relates these two together.

Lee

OK, I think I see. So, if, for example, instead of La Justice we had turned over instead card XIII, then since that card looks towards the right, we would have consequently placed another card above L'Hermite, and if that card (say, La Lune) had been reversed, we would have placed a new card above La Lune (say, Le Mat).

Then there would be a column of three cards (L'Hermite, La Lune reversed, and Le Mat), and that column may represent something occuring in the far future.

Paul

So I was thinking, other examples could be threaded:

Camoin Method, Example for Analysis, (Your Name) (#)

Or, perhaps a subforum? overkill?

But, I defer to whomever I should defer to.

yaraluna

Paul,

why do you keep saying that themperor is uprighted? where? how? what makes it so?

i would also love to see a reading with more minors and courts to see the dynamics, et

thank you!

Paul

yaraluna said:
Paul,

why do you keep saying that themperor is uprighted? where? how? what makes it so?

i would also love to see a reading with more minors and courts to see the dynamics, et

thank you!

Yaraluna -- any reversed card, once the solution is applied, is uprighted. Then, any additional associations (and gazes) are noted. This allows for a fluid, ebb and flow, and Taoist kind of reading.

Once L'Empereur is upright (after the solution is comprehended) he looks in another direction, and a card is placed there. It is as if to say, "you must do this first, then this unlocks thus and so..."

EnriqueEnriquez

I try to get a sense of the answer as soon as I look at the whole spread.

On that note, and since the intricacies of this specific spread have been discussed already, my take on this spread would be as follows:

Comparing the first and last cards, Le Soleil and LeJudgement, I get a progression that tends towards resolution. Look at the two elements floating above the characters of the cards: a sun and an angel. In the first card such element is passive, while in the third card it has an active role. This for me indicates that the spread “goes up.” This would be regarded as positive. I see the sun evolving into the angel, and suggesting that the authorities will intervene, settling the matter. The fact that this question is asked on the querent’s behalf suggest to me such matters will be settled in a way that is favorable to the querent, not to his antagonist.

The first and the last cards always give you a sense of what is going on. Then, the middle card takes you from one extreme to the other. “What to do” is contained there, therefore Force reversed is the relevant card here. Having la Rove as solution card, Force reversed would suggest: “be careful of not saying something you may regret later on. Give this matter time and it will be solved”.

On a different level, Force starts looking at Le Soleil, but la Rove will have it turning and facing Le Judgement. For me this implies an interesting turn of events in which the party to blame will change. Contrasting this with the evolution of the heavenly signs depicted in the first and third card, I get a soothing sense of ‘divine’ intervention taking place.

That is what I see.

Best,

EE

Paul

As always, Enrique is elegant in his poetically simpler explanation. This is the spirit of the Camoin Method; it does not require surgical analysis. ;)

My rather exhaustive response was to show the possibilities and connections.

Here's the interesting news: As I understand this situation with this doctor, there are already fluctuations in the Force that indicate that events are unfolding exactly as we all predicted.

yaraluna

gracias ..merci...thanks Paul.

next reading please! :p :) a bit cocky now heheheh!

Sedi

I would just like to pick up on one of Enrique's comments regarding the Judgement. Now a 'judgement' can go for or against us in life, but as the cards were drawn for the client the judgement card is for him, or contracting it further 'the Judgement is FOR HIM', in other words a favorable judgement for him.

It is a slight play on words but with words, symbols and actions joining together to provide meaning.