Can your emotions come out in a reading?

tinkabelle26

I have wondering about this for a while now. Is it possible if you are feeling negative or anxious towards a situation does it manifest in the cards we draw. I have noticed if I have someone else pull cards for me in regards to a situation they will get a better outcome than I if I do it while highly upset and emotional. I am starting to think my cards don't like me. Does anyone ever feel that way when they pull cards?

PentQueen

Absolutely! I feel tarot mirrors our subconscious! I've had sitters ask the same question and get completely different responses based on their moods. Fortunately, I also find that if the Moon comes up in a reading, it's often hinting that we're not quite balanced, and might be colouring the read with our emotions, and it might be best to ask again when we're feeling more centred.

Zephyros

I believe so, and it's part of why I usually prefer reading for people without a question. While a reading can be focused on a particular topic, I found allowing the cards to float up a pressing issue that the sitter may or may not be aware of a lot more illuminating.

Thoughtful

I believe so, I found allowing the cards to float up a pressing issue that the sitter may or may not be aware of a lot more illuminating.

l agree l much prefer to let the cards bring up the issues. They always show what the sitter has on their mind. After the reading l will ask the sitter if they have any questions, they reply, no, its been answered.
So l have learned to trust my tarot cards.

When l read for myself its never been good for me if l am in a worried or tired state. l just get nonsense that l can't understand. Always best to let someone else read for you in those situations.

So tinkabelle26 your cards love you, they can't handle you when your upset :)

tinkabelle26

So tinkabelle26 your cards love you, they can't handle you when your upset :)[/QUOTE]

I never thought of it that way or they feel what I feel. I will keep that in mind when I read for myself and try to stay as calm and collective as possible.

Grizabella

I think when we're feeling down and upset over a situation, we tend to see everything rather dimly and negatively in general. Getting someone else to read for you gives you more of an untainted kind of reading. They're not going to be down with you and can see things more clearly.

nisaba

I have wondering about this for a while now. Is it possible if you are feeling negative or anxious towards a situation does it manifest in the cards we draw.

I think it manifests, more, in how we feel about the images in front of us once the draw is done.

I am starting to think my cards don't like me. Does anyone ever feel that way when they pull cards?

<grin> Given that they have no central nervous system and cannot have feelings then no. But I'm quite okay with believing that you feel insecure enough to believe that! <smile>.

I pull positive cards, and I don't think that means my decks like me. I pull negative cards, and I don't think my decks dislike me. I think they provide useable information to me, and how I feel is down to me.

tinkabelle26

HAHAHA I know they really don't hate me. I meant it more that I always get these "doom and gloom" readings when it comes to if I ask a question but if I ask someone else to do it they get a better reading. It made me felt like the cards just didn't want to respond to me.

Michellehihi

I definitely think that the cards we draw can show our emotions. I don't know how it works but it does. Let me share an example. I have a new dog, I got her from the shelter for rescued dogs. She was found on the street, very weak and thin.
She is perfect except she does her pee and poop in the house.

Yesterday I asked the cards what can I do to help her be clean in the house. I did a 7 cards spread. 4 of those cards were cups, and 3 were majors. That means the problem is related to her emotions, and it is a major issue she has to face (dealing with the trauma of abandonment, spending 8 days in a shelter, then a new home with strangers).

So this spread indicated to me clearly that the problem was not about a physical impairment, but it was emotional.

Frost Mirriam

Definitely yes, at least for me. Many times I noticed that when I'm drawing cards when I feel low or emotional, they often show me something terrible or simply some unreadable nonsense. At first I was a bit scared of this (still remember that spread when I was depressed and drew cards like Death, 10 Swords, 3 Swords at once... lol), but now I take this as an alert - "Calm down and take some time, you're not ready at the moment".

The other thing related to this topic which really interests me - is it possible that when we're doing reading for ourselves, we sometimes get the result which we would like to see? I mean the situations when we want something badly or really concerned and asking cards about this, and get the message like "keep it up and everything is going to be fine". Is it just some kind of wishful thinking? I know that in our life different things are possible and everything can happen, but when I get something like this in situations which seem to be hopeless it really confuses me.