Can't get a good read with Titania's Fortune Cards--Is it just me?

Apollonia

Is there something I'm missing here, or are these cards just not for me? I'm a pretty darn good Tarot reader, but I've had these cards for a couple months now, and I just don't get what they're trying to tell me. Can anyone who gets good results with these tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've been trying the 7-card daily spread, with no accuracy whatsoever thus far:

Here's yesterday's spread:

Anchor--Mouse--Lily--Scythe--Coffin--Ring--Letters

Okay, so with the middle three, I'm thinking even before I look at the book that this looks like I might get news of a death, maybe someone I'm close to. (I have two close family members who are in bad health, but I was not thinking about them while shuffling or choosing cards.)

So all day I was thinking, "Who could it be?" And it was the most bland, newsless day ever! Not even a phone call! So what's going on? Do those of you who get good results read the above spread some other way? I would appreciate your input, as I find these cards beautiful to look at, but so far they've been inaccurate every single day.

WolfyJames

I don't think it's a good idea to use so many cards when you start using Petite LeNormand. There is a spread that uses all the deck, per exemple, and I suggest you don't use it. Even this spread you're using has too many cards. Three or four cards is just what you need. You can start by using meanings for each position, like: 1 - The situation, 2 - What to do/what it is about, 3 - What not to do/What it is not about, 4 - What will happen. Once you deal better with the cards, you can just put together three cards together as the answer to your question, like the spread you just used.

The problem can be the deck you're using, you might find the deck ugly and uninspiring. There are many other Petit LeNormand decks out there you can use instead of the Titania and still use her book (Titania's).

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=13454

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34310

Apollonia

Thanks, WolfyJames!

For some reason, although I read the Tarot intuitively, I thought I needed to do as the book suggested. That'll teach me (well, probably not, LOL). So do you read them intuitively, instead of using the book meanings for combinations, etc.?

I find the cards very interesting to look at--some of them are almost 3D! But I am also drawn to the decks that have the very pretty images of ships, etc. So it might be a good thing to purchase one of those, and then I could compare the images.

Do you feel these are as accurate and satisfying to use as the Tarot, once you get used to them?

Blessings,
Amanda

WolfyJames

It's normal to feel overwhelmed when you were too ambitious when you started something new. I'm sure you didn't handle tarot in one evening. ;) Personaly, I'm not very intuitive, I've just started being more intuitive with tarot, and I've been doing tarot for ten years. I use the meanings of the cards of the Petite LeNormand to read them, but once or twice, the readings were more intuitive. I saw once the Rider as someone who was fleeing the scene, runing away, but technicaly, it's not what the Rider means. As for your deck, you're lucky there are so many variations on the Petit Lenormand, including Titania, it's nice to have so many choices. It's important to work with a deck you connect with, whatever deck works for you is great.

tarotlova

I have been reading with these cards for a few years now, and one thing I have found is that with the so called 7 card daily reading that they don't happen in 7 day's! It still could take a couple of months or so, I agree with Wolfyjones about reading intuitively with these cards also, don't stick with the book, and on a final note I get fantastic readings for other people with these cards but find them very hard to read for myself with, so when this happens I use the Tarot cards as I can ask an actual question with the Tarot, but not with Titanias as I find a question with them confuse's me, so try reading for another person and see how you go. Blessings

FaeryGodmother

When I first got this deck I kept a journal of the daily and weekly readings. I took me a little while but that was how I got the hang of it.

Anchor--Mouse--Lily--Scythe--Coffin--Ring--Letters

As for this spread I would read it as the most notable thing of your day was you were being steadfast/ strong about your worries and fears that someone close to you was sick (close to dying). Perhaps you are waiting/ hoping for news of a change in their condition. As it was a newsless day, the reading probably brought up some of your under lying fears and worries.

The most frustating thing about this deck is that so often the message is so literal that it doesn't make much sense till after the event has happened. I use the full deck spread for readings but I always make a point of thelling people that it always comes true but often not how you would think it will. For example last year I when I did the full spread (that covers six months as far as I'm concerned) and a pregnancy came up. I was in a panic about it but it turned out to be someone else close to me .

Anyway, keeping the daily and weekly journal made all the difference for me.
Good luck with it.
FGM

Apollonia

Okay, I'll take them out of the time-out corner!

Many thanks, WolfyJames, tarotlova, and FaeryGodmother! Your answers were very thoughtful and I appreciate the excellent advice. It's really helpful just to hear back from some readers who have had good results--makes me hopeful that I can get the hang of these after all.

Many blessings,
Amanda

purple_scorp

Hi Amanda,

I'm guessing because you posted in the Oracle Decks thread that you've seen our weekly reading threads for Titania/Lenormand decks? We are only up to week two and you don't have to make a commitment to post all of the time, but we would love you to join us there. Here is the link to last week's thread, just in case you missed it.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34663

I'm just wondering whether you read Tarot before you bought this deck? If so, I can understand the difficulty that you are having because Titania's is quite different to a Tarot deck.

I think that seven-card spread is a good way to learn the deck. Titania's book actually states that you could use this spread every day but, as others have also suggested, I don't think that it necessarily follows that the reading is for that specific day.

I agree that writing down your spread is a good way to measure your accuracy and also to check the patterns in the cards.

If you want to do a daily reading that is specific only to that day, how about just pulling one card?

Cheers

purple_scorp

FaeryGodmother

I just remembered something else to help...

When I get a 7 card daily reading that I simply can't decipher I get more information with a who/ what/ where/ when cross. Basically you take the card thats stumping you (putting all the rest back) shuffle and randomly pick 4 more cards: 1st (above) who; 2nd (below) what; 3rd (left) where; 4th (right) when. This nearly always gives me enough information to work out what the message is. You can do it for all 7 cards but usually I work it out after doing 1 or 2 cards. Hope that helps.
FGM

Apollonia

Thanks Purple_Scorp & Faery Godmother!

Purple_Scorp, yes--in fact, the weekly reading threads were what got me interested in the Lenormand-type oracle cards in the first place. I hope to join in when I feel a little more confident! I'm curious, though--when you say they are very different to Tarot cards, in what ways do you find they are different? I would love to hear your views on this.

Faery Godmother, thank you so much for the additional reading info! I'm copying it into my notebook for reference when I do readings.

Today I did two 3-card readings for practice on the questions "What will unfold in my life in the next four days?" and "What will be the major world news in the next four days?" and before looking at the book, I jotted down my intuitive feelings. I think I'll do this for a while, until I feel more sure of myself. 3 cards feels right, because I can learn combinations while not being overwhelmed by too many cards.

Thanks again, everyone who helped me with this. I feel that this will be a rewarding addition to my intuitive toolbox.

Blessings,
Amanda