Can't get a good read with Titania's Fortune Cards--Is it just me?

purple_scorp

Coatl said:
Purple_Scorp, yes--in fact, the weekly reading threads were what got me interested in the Lenormand-type oracle cards in the first place. I hope to join in when I feel a little more confident! I'm curious, though--when you say they are very different to Tarot cards, in what ways do you find they are different? I would love to hear your views on this.
Hi Amanda,

Wow, we inspired your interest in these cards. That's fantastic. The members posting in those threads are very friendly and I'm sure would welcome you instantly. Perhaps participating as you learn is also a way to build that confidence that you seek. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts. The beauty of this deck is that, because you use a large portion of intuition, your interpretation may be different to ours. Please know that that doesn't make yours wrong and ours right. The way we can all learn from each other is to post and explain how we arrived at our interpretations. That's the beauty of this sharing and caring forum ;).

It's hard for me to explain why I think these type of cards are different to Oracle. Perhaps I should start by saying that I would use these cards in different situations. If I wanted to know what might happen to me this week, I would maybe do a seven-card spread using Titania's deck. However, if I wanted to know a more specific question, say for example - will I get a salary increase this week, I would probably do a Tarot reading.

It is no secret here at ATF that I prefer Oracle to Tarot decks. One day, I googled Titania's Fortune Cards and found this website. Otherwise, I might not have come here. I personally struggle reading with some Tarot decks. Like those that just show a number of wands, cups, swords, pentacles. Looking at six wands on a card doesn't automatically invoke a strong meaning in me. However, if I were to look at any of Titania's cards, I could ramble off at least ten things.

Of course it could be argued that if I learnt/memorised the meaning of six wands on a card, I could also ramble off ten things but I would just prefer to take out my Oracle deck instead. Or, my Osho Zen Tarot deck, which may as well be an Oracle deck - I don't find it very Tarot-like.

I'm not a ritualistic person and I'm not too concerned about the symbolism and history associated with Tarot. Perhaps that makes me ignorant, I'm not quite sure. Having said that, I really love reading with my Osho deck.

I'm not sure that I really answered your question. I'm happy to discuss the matter further though....did you want to know anything specific?

purple_scorp

tatsi

Learning from each other

purple_scorp said:
Hi Amanda,

Wow, we inspired your interest in these cards. That's fantastic. The members posting in those threads are very friendly and I'm sure would welcome you instantly. Perhaps participating as you learn is also a way to build that confidence that you seek. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts. The beauty of this deck is that, because you use a large portion of intuition, your interpretation may be different to ours. Please know that that doesn't make yours wrong and ours right. The way we can all learn from each other is to post and explain how we arrived at our interpretations. That's the beauty of this sharing and caring forum ;).

purple_scorp

Hi Amanda,

That's wonderful that our study group sparked your interest in the cards. Come join our group, the more the merrier. Many are new and just like purple_scorp said we are friendly and welcoming.

This deck is very intuitive so our interpretations are likely to be different. But that is the beauty, we can discuss on how we came to *our* personal interpretation of the spread. We learn from each other, whether new or seasoned in reading with this type of deck. I'm sure we could learn something from you.

I find the process each of us goes through in how we interpret the spread IS the most facinating aspect to me. It may give me another thought-process/tool in how I could have interepreted the spread. What stood out for one reader was less important to another and thus affects how they read the spread. It will be interesting to 'see' the reading from another point of view because it opens our minds and could only enhance our readings in the future. This will be especially true as we progress to larger spreads.

tatsi

Unicorncrazy

I find that Titanias Fortune Cards are easy but when you are shuffling them are you asking anything about the spread your about to do. You are doing nothing wrong because not everyone gets good readings. Did you look at the book at what they mean? You are right there is a death coming but you have to look at the surrounding cards aswell as the cards that are next to each other. And also it depends at what order the spread goes. Is that the order that it went in? Please answer these questions and i might be able to help you.

Unicorncrazy :)

skipper

hmm

Hey, I would start a new thread, but some comments in here are what stimulated my response...

Ive been usign Titania for about a week, with fairly good success, and for me, sometimes the meanings wind up being very literal, while other times they are deeper. Some combinations given by the book happen, but the meaning is diff.
I like this deck, its helped me learn the basics well. Ive been doing all 7-card daily spreads, and tonight i tried a 3 card spread to answer a question from a friend... I just read the cards as a sentance. Her question was "Is something bad going on with me and (boyfriends name)?" The 3 cards i drew were:

Tower--Coffin--Star

This led me to believe that an illness will be overcome, and problems of some sort wont last much longer. I figure this refers to the bad thing in her question being that her BF is very sick right now, and that its telling me he will get better, and she wont have to worry about him being sick.

Is this reasonable, and how soon do you think this will be?

skipper

hmm

I just wanna say that her BF is back in school today, and apparently he was really sick last night, so she is relieved he is back... I still am curious as to interpretations.