Cheap Decks you just have to have!

tarotbear

As the antithesis thread to 'Expensive Decks You Just Don't Want' - what decks are out there that are so cheap, flimsy, or so poorly designed - but you want to add them to your collection anyway? :cool4:

I vote for the Dollar Store Tarot deck - does it actually have a name? :joke:

Laura Borealis

Miss Cleo, of course! :cool4: It's not particularly flimsy, but it definitely falls into the cheap category. And it's chock full of muscular, comic book style Egyptian dudes, which is somehow cheesy and awesome at the same time.

gregory

Miss Cleo, of course! :cool4: It's not particularly flimsy, but it definitely falls into the cheap category. And it's chock full of muscular, comic book style Egyptian dudes, which is somehow cheesy and awesome at the same time.
I'm rather fond of that actually.

Laura Borealis

I'm rather fond of that actually.

Me too :)

Under the flimsy heading: I have a dinky set of Osho Zen majors that were punched out of a book. I keep them in a matchbox. I wouldn't want a full Osho deck but the dinky cards are cute. :)

stellar4

Nova Tarot by running Press - great little deck and cheap as chips. Reads well too!

WolfSpirit

Yes, the Nova tarot!
I wanted to mention the Lars-Kristian Holmsen tarot too because I bought it at Aldi (cheap supermarket, for those who don't know Aldi) and was simply called 'tarot'.
But it has since become OOP and so no longer that cheap.

danieljuk

I found the Dollar Tree Tarot (that's what it's called I think isn't it?) thread one day last year and wanted it to see what it was like but we don't have Dollar Tree's! so an American friend sent me a copy with some other decks I bought from her in the trade exchange. I had to pay postage to the UK, so in the end I paid far more than a $1 for it! I guess I am sort of glad I own it :) :D

MandMaud

I vote for the Dollar Store Tarot deck - does it actually have a name? :joke:
If anyone wants to pay the postage, I'll sell it. :D

Nova Tarot by running Press - great little deck and cheap as chips. Reads well too!
I LOVE this deck. Grabbed it for fun, found it excellent. Just can't shuffle in my usual way as the cards are both small and thick (like my ex (sorry)) but that's easily solved, I just shuffle differently.

I found the Dollar Tree Tarot (that's what it's called I think isn't it?) thread one day last year and wanted it to see what it was like but we don't have Dollar Tree's! so an American friend sent me a copy with some other decks I bought from her in the trade exchange. I had to pay postage to the UK, so in the end I paid far more than a $1 for it! I guess I am sort of glad I own it :) :D
ROTFL, me too! I snatched it up on eBay thinking a dollar tree must be some kind of rare native vegetation. Paid about £6 including postage, what's that, about US$10. :laugh: It came with an oracle deck which I can imagine someone badly wanting, but I can't remember its name... off to have a look on my own profile...

WolfSpirit, having had a look for it, I think I rather fancy the Lars-Kristian Holmsen tarot. :) £8.30 including postage, on Amazon.co.uk, but that's only "good" condition; new it's a pretty normal price today?