Your FAVORITE decks?

Harmony Rose

I'm sure it's been asked before, but as of today, which deck or decks (tarot/oracle/lenormand) do you feel you MUST have in your life? Also, what makes you love it/them so much (if you can put it into words)? Thanks!

Marcus R

The Thoth. Bought it 20 years ago intending to learn tarot but never did. Loved the artwork then, now I understand what I'm looking at I love them even more. My must have deck.

Thunderbird

Definitely the Tarot of Dreams. It's just so ethereal and takes me to another world.

Chrystella

I'm pretty boring. My top three are:

1-) My original Rider Waite Smith though I am currently loving the Centennial;
2-) Tarot de Marseilles. My current favourite is Pierre Madenie 1709 with Flornoy's Noblet a close second;
3-) Thoth.

I don't really need anything else (except variations of these, lol).

Citrin

The original/standard RWS: It's a must. A deck I can always go to and the only deck I think I can recall each card in my mind without having the deck in front of me. I've never understood how some people find it ugly. To me it's timeless and the most important tarot deck ever printed.

Crystal Visions Tarot: Stays close to the RWS but has beautiful colors which I absolutely adore! I love the pink, blues, and purples - really appeals to me! And so easy to read with.

The Ludy Lescot Tarot: I'm not usually a fan of dark decks, but this one is just something special to me. I just instantly connected with the images and this deck makes my jaw drop on a regular basis, it's just sooo spot on and honest. I like how it's quite original and not all the way a RWS clone.

Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot: A deck I recently purchased and to be honest I haven't had the chance to use it a lot yet. But it was love at first sight and this deck just called to me. It feels very exclusive to me, I have no other self published decks in my collection. :) It just has soul ya know.

(As a bonus I must add the Robin Wood. It's gorgeous and after using it for many years it feels like a loyal old friend filled with love and wisdom.)

Witchy_Gal

I love the Cirque de Whimsy by Carol Devall, the new Cheimonette Deck is creepy but so cool and I still love my very first easy to read Hanson Roberts:)

Richard

ISIS TdM
Smith-Waite Centennial
Thoth (Green Box)

The TdM Millenium Edition, which is basically a Pierre Madenié restoration, will definitely become a favorite whenever it is completed. At present I have the trumps-only version, and it is a winner for sure!

Le Fanu

Thoth
Victorian Romantic
LoS Ancient Tarot of Marseilles
Cosmic
Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA

All the others feel like luxuries

Padma

After all these years, still love the Connolly. It's like my comfort food deck ;)

I currently enjoy reading with the Daniloff, the MRP Fantastic Menagerie, and lately, the MRP Fairy Tale deck.

It does change - some decks that I have often read with and do love, get shuffled to the back as new ones come in. Tastes do change.

Snowhunter

It seems that every new deck I get becomes my favorite so it's hard to say which ones I like best because I love them all. For the purpose of this thread though, here are my favorites at this moment.

Shadowscapes: It's beautiful, and really sets off my imagination. I needed the app in the beginning but after working with it in a one deck for a month challenge, it's so much easier to read with now. I've always been into fantasy themed art, and the dragons remind me of the ones I used to draw for my nephew.

Universal Waite: I'm still learning the basics of Tarot so this is a must-have for me. It's easy for me to read, and I like to compare and contrast these cards with whatever non-RWS deck I'm using. One of the deal breakers for me with decks is the Devil card, and this one is tolerable compared to others I've seen.