choices

Water Lady

If you were to pick between Anna K and Druidcraft decks, which would you pick and why?
I am wanting the one that has lots of symbolism, and good for intuitive reading. As well as ease of seeing what is there, not dark or dull in corners which I don't think either has.
I am a little concerned about the size of Druidcraft, but not a lot.

Le Fanu

I don't use either but I have them and have had them for a while. I think the Anna K is the one I could use long term. I find the Druid Craft a bit of a *mood* deck and I'm very rarely in that mood!

In the palm of your hand, there's something extraordinarily comforting about the squat Anna K.

WinterRose

Personally, I prefer Druidcraft (though I no longer use that now I've discovered Robin Wood).

It's a personal choice, really. Oh, and Druidcraft's not THAT big. I prefer the symbolism of DC, as opposed to AK.

gregory

Anna K. No contest. The Druidcraft comes over as a more of the same deck, to me.

canid

I like them both. I don't have the Anna K but it's on my list. And I trimmed my Druid Craft so size isn't an issue.

zan_chan

Totally agreed with gregory. Anna K, no contest. It's a keeper :thumbsup:

jackdaw*

Anna K, but it's a close contest. The cards I dislike in the Anna K are easier to take (or ignore) than the cards I don't like in the Druidcraft.

Water Lady

well, so far Anna is far prefered but not all of you gave reasons.

I am pondering this from Le Fanu
"In the palm of your hand, there's something extraordinarily comforting about the squat Anna K. "

Carla

I don't own Druidcraft, but have viewed it online and considered purchasing, but decided it wasn't for me. I'm not keen on the artwork nor the borders. (I like the look of them trimmed with rounded corners, though!) I do own the Anna K. Some of the Anna K cards are actually quite dark and indistinct, but she says she meant them to be that way. Thought I'd warn you because I see you mentioned darkness in your original post. I LOVE the Anna K and highly recommend it; it has become my primary reading deck because the scenes depicted make the cards' meaning so perfectly clear, at least to me. I love the earthy hues and hobbity, homely feel of it. The Druidcraft seems a bit 'epic' and heroic in comparison. That's my opinion. And regarding symbolism, Anna herself has said that she didn't include a lot of symbolism. I read that in an interview somewhere online...so Druidcraft might have more of that for you.

Water Lady

thanks everyone