Chomp down on the magic mug...

Durant Hapke

she?

Brothers, and Sisters,

Jack bird action.

Room is drawing a line on the map, and putting a big squirmy squirm bug in my ear -- Ding! Create an image of the Queen of Cups?

Not sure I've got that churning inside me... And big besides, where might that lead?

Very tempting, I will ponder.

Controversial thoughts such as these are most likely best explored over on another forum.

Regarding my action, my "work?"

I forced myself to make it through three years of art school, then demanded the university give me a four year degree (and yeah, like feeding their addiction, I would rock out the ATM and pay them for the other credits... at some point in the future... and I will, and have been, but cash is a funky junky), which they would not do at first, but after a bit, decided I was "on my way," (yeah, but to where?), so let me take a bunch of "special electives."

Then a bit of unraveling in grad school, but I messed that action with those "heads," no looking back on that one.

Now I just make crap in the studio.

Coin? I'm working a bunch of odd malarkey, no paying image gigs -- I'm all into that.

However, on the meaning of the Queen -- I've been wondering, what others might feel about this power curve being "distracted."

When I encounter this card -- very often as of late -- I get the distinct vibe, that she is looking so deeply, tapped so completely into some emotional vain, that she "ignores me."

Not in a mean spirited way, in fact I sense that she is looking so full on thoughtfully into me, and that act is so filling her covered mug, that she might be "zapped out," or "dented dim" with information.

Is this how this royal hot sandwich operates? Is she a bit of a tease, or that focused?

I've not run into this at bars before, and have known my share of curves, so what to make of this?

Big Kabloomy?

Durant "she's down?" Hapke

Umbrae

Oooooo Baby, the Queen of and her trippy mug.

Sometimes the big Kabloomy be in the brain pan and sometimes ya gotta lissen to the bee's and what they be buzzin'.

That be Jack bird thinkin' it is.

:smoker:

MeeWah

Umbrae! Thanks so very much for that, because this thread reminds me of the Neuzeit Queen of Cups.

There is an old discussion about it, but unable to locate it.

room

Durant Hapke said:
Now I just make crap in the studio.

Me too. Only my stuff is art dahling, it signifies the purity of the human condition and the focused, symbolic aspects of Cosmos, while retaining thoughtful introspection at a molecular level and in various colours of meaning.

Is this how this royal hot sandwich operates? Is she a bit of a tease, or that focused?

She likes to tease people--bit of a joker but in a nice way. Yes. She's focusing on you---perhaps she feels you are joking around TOO much. While enjoying a joke, she gets a bit thoughtful when people overdo it, and thinks they are afraid to show true emotion, afraid to connect in a meaningful way.

Umbrae seems to think she's got a lot of chemistry. In which case there is no escape for you. You could make her a Reuben sandwich and she'd never let you go.

Room (Artspeak Curve on Rye)

MeeWah

room said:
...She's focusing on you---perhaps she feels you are joking around TOO much. While enjoying a joke, she gets a bit thoughtful when people overdo it, and thinks they are afraid to show true emotion, afraid to connect in a meaningful way.

From a reader's point of view regarding Queen of Cups, the ring of truth there. In Jungian terms, the anima or the female counterpart. Also a term to indicate the active principle in a drug. Intriguing, yes?

room said:
...Umbrae seems to think she's got a lot of chemistry. In which case there is no escape for you. You could make her a Reuben sandwich and she'd never let you go.

Room (Artspeak Curve on Rye)

Room: As a Queen of Cups, the Reuben my favourite sandwich :D

room

MeeWah said:
Room: As a Queen of Cups, the Reuben my favourite sandwich :D

I knew I liked you!

room

After a Nap

LB, Rissa, and I started doing court studies again. There are lots of previous threads on them, but we are using odd decks and kind of winging it.

First was the Queen of Cups, so I'll cite it for this thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=81726

A slightly humorous, easy going Queen but she really tunes in, soaks up like a sponge, constantly churning and mulling things over. Liquid insight, guiding intelligence, adept at understanding emotion, perhaps prone to excessiveness in this regard, but maybe we simply get frightened by her focus on the emotions that we don't want to feel?

Strangely enough, on pondering my artspeak riff I got to thinking about that in relation to this Queen. I think she's a tolerant ruler, acknowledging the fear and foibles of people, but I also think she prefers clear communication, real communication if you will, where people are themselves and speak plainly without the shtick.

It also reminded me of Pinnochio wanting to be a real boy. The Blue Fairy is away right now, so the Queen of Cups is stepping up to the plate for her.

Yeah, she's used to getting her way. Queens are like The Empress in my mind, you think she's a pushover and will tolerate your cuteness as she dandles you on her knee, but she's a mighty ruler of Empire, an experienced politico, an astute observer and chess master, who only takes so much before she gives you The Look, and you become her entire focus.

And she's looking at Durant.

One thing I notice about tarot, it can get serious fast.

Durant Hapke

bee, bee, bee... I live in the mug top...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Rock me with the big boom perspectives -- edifying reference points to be sure -- the map has a few hectic lines now, and a star or two in the inky oil sky.

Pour a power highball, and soak in it.

Right off the bat-o-rang, upon following the digital bread crumbs provided by “The Room of four doors,” I crashed into the following posted by a “Little Munchausen”:

“...She looks into either the distance or nothingness. This makes her seem almost vacant. But it could also be a sign of her psychic skills. Is she tuning into some kind of other-worldly information that is felt, rather than read or transmitted physically...”

Mammoth bag of yes - the chary dark encounters I’ve dug with this curve of cups are cut from this cloth.

So right on, I’ll adjust my perspectives -- abandon my notions, set aside my perhaps “harsh” need to get all into her “scene,” and just offer up the keys.

“Oh yeah, you funky Viscountess, I’ve room to spare in this crazy cat ride. You want in behind the wheel? Feel free. I love a women, who loves to drive.”

I’ll be shoveling that action into the boiler for a long hot simmer time.

Next up: Serious.

I’ve been digging deep into that well for a good long, long while.

I’ve grappled, groped, pushed, pulled, and basically “got it on,” with the “hard roots” of that “notion.” And upon awaking the next morning, it spins false, dim, and overvalued to me.

As it goes for this Jack bird, I’ve been hit hard, and knocked down many a time while dancing the life fantastic.

I’ve tumbled, and stumbled enough to acquire sand paper calluses, chipped teeth, and a batter bruised heart.

What’s been written as true for me, is cling fast to the one thing that always provides me consistent freedom -- that being the flavor of me, and my orbit around Hapke’s three bee’s:

Bring it.

Believe it.

Be it.

More is written when I’m not trying to do so.

It’s all good -- I’m lucky to have tuned into this dance party with all the awesome DJ's who kick out the tracks here -- each spinning the tables of insight at seventy eight beats per minute.

Durant “take a bite, it’s tangy” Hapke

PS -- Blasting cap image, Umbrae, pow!

PSS -- Yeah, Bee theme...

room

Durant Hapke said:
And upon awaking the next morning, it spins false, dim, and overvalued to me.

Oh well, have fun with the bees.

star-lover

woosh this thread has gone right over my head but looks fun lol :D