chosson tarot deck

tarotbrasil

Could someone give a sample of the "chosson" tarot deck (year 1672, i think ?)? I did not find any images of this deck while searching in the web...
I do only know that this deck is cited in the tarot encyclopaedia Vol. II, from Stuart Kaplan, and it´s also cited in the site
www.camoin.com ,but without any images...
i´d be thankful if anyone can help me in finding these images!

jmd

The Chosson is not an easy one to get hold off, unfortunately.

Below is the Wheel of Fortune:
ChossonX.png

OnePotato

Hello eugim.

Wow! That's excellent!
What a beauty.
Thank you for posting this link.

eugim

François Chosson Deck

OnePotato said:
Hello eugim.

Wow! That's excellent!
What a beauty.
Thank you for posting this link.

-IN THAT LINK YOU CAN ALSO HAVE THE HONOURS AND I BELIEVE WE WILL HAVE THE PIPS LATER .

-IS A DECK VERY CLOSE TO CONVER BUT HAS MANY DETAILS OF INTEREST
FOR EXAMPLE SEE LE PENDV WITH THE NUMBER IIX LIKE DODAL ANOTHER DECK CLOSE TO CONVER
-RESPECT THE DATE OF CHOSSON DECK AS DISCUSSING IN THE FORUM I DON T THINK IS OF 1672
THAT S SUPOSE PRIOR TO NOBLET ...
IF I ONE SEE CLOSE " THE LINE " OF THE IMAGE,ONE (I) DON T THINK THESE PROBABLY.
-EXCUSE MY POOR ENGLISH / I AM FROM ARGENTINA-SPANISH SPEEAKING.
-I AM HERE TO LERAN AND SERVE
-I HOPE EVERYONE HERE FIND HIS HERMIT VIIII WHO WILL TEACH US IF WE CALIFICATE FOR IT.

eugim

François Chosson DECK

Well Is My First Post And I Detected Many Errors.
1-poor English /ortographic Errors
2-respect The Date Of Chosson I Really Mean How Could Camoin Say That This Deck Is The Oldest(1672 ) If We Have Noblet From 1650,vieville 1650 ?
3-i See Chosson Deck Close To Dodal (1701)and Conver(1760) In The Style And Details.
4-so Noblet Clearly Pre Date Chosson
5-for Instance See Le Toille Xvii :dodal/chosson/conver
All Of Them Have The Bird Top Left
Noblet Doesn T
6-see Le Pendv-noblet/dodal
Then See Chosson/conver:
Aren T Them Close ?
7-i Thin Taht De Historic Secuence Is:
Noblet-dodal-chosson-conver
8-vieville(1650) : I Can T Explain Why But " I Feel It " Much Earlier Of All Of Them // See For Example Again Le Toille Xvii
Which Is The Conexion Between Them ?
I Can T Think It Like Another Tendence In The Same Time Of Noblet.
9-help: I M New Here And I Don T Know How Put The Cards In My Post
Can Anyone Help Me ?

Debra

Welcome to AT!

That is beautiful, eugim. What fine images. I like the Devil--everyone has their tongue sticking out!

eugim

Chosson Deck

Debra said:
Welcome to AT!

That is beautiful, eugim. What fine images. I like the Devil--everyone has their tongue sticking out!
DEBRA:I POST YOU A RESPONSE TO MOONBOW / I LL GO THERE SOON !!!
BECAUSE HE OR SHE DON T WAN T MAILS /IT S OKAY I RE POST TO YOU.
I M FROM ARGENTINA AND HERE DEBRA THE "INFORMATION ABOUT TAROT IS NONE " - I M SPANISH SPEEKING BUT I CAN READ ENGLISH.
IT S CURIOUS (DON T YOU THINK ) ...
WE ALL HERE ARE TALKING ABOUT A "LOST LANGUAGE " "LOST EXPLAINS" IN ALL PLANETS LANGUAGES ...
I EVER THINK IF CHOSSON// NOBLET//DODAL//CONVER " SPEAKS " THEY DID AND DO WITH THE CARDS OR IMAGES.
DO YOU SUPOSE THE SCENE ASKING NOBLET WHAT HE MEAN WITH THE PENIS IN THE BATELEVR O LE FOV?
MAYBE HE ANSWER LIKE DE NIRO "ARE YOU TALKING WITH ME ? "
WELL I DON T WANT TO BORE TOU //MY WIFE IS GOING TO BOIL MY BALLS IF I DON T GO TO CLEAN THE CAT BATH...
I SUSPECTED THAT YOU KNOW THAT IS THERE MUCH EGO IN INTERNET ABOUT TAROT ...
BARRY WHITE SAID " LETS THE MUSIC PLAY "
I SAY " LET S THE TAROT TEACH US "
WELL...
WHERE ARE YOU FROM ?
FINALLY: WHAT YOU MEANS WITH I like the Devil--everyone has their tongue sticking out![/QUOTE] //EXCUSE MY POOR ENGLISH !!!

1-THANK BECAUSE YOU RE THE FIRST WHO REPLY ME
2- I M A NEWCOMER (14-02-2008 ) AND VERY HAPPY TO BE " HERE "
BECAUSE A I CAN T FIND WHERE IN THE FORUM CAN I " SAY MY FIRST HELLO " I GIVE TO YOU
3-I M FROM ARGENTINA ( FAR FROM THE OPORTUNITIES TO HAVE ACCSES INFORMATION ) SO I M REALLY HAPPY FEEL WELCOME TO A PLACE (INSIDE PLACE) WHERE ALL ARE "INSIDE SEARCHERS " " SOUL HUNTERS"
4-I MHERE BECAUSE IS MAGIC THAT IN THIS PRECISE MOMENT SOMEONE SAY "WELCOME " TO THE LAND OF TAROT.
5- MANY YEARS AGO I READ A BOOK THAT "STRIKES AND CONFIRM WHAT I SUPOSSE EVER " -THE AUTHOR IS TCHALAI UNGER // SAID " THE TAROT IS IN THE TAROT"
THAT S WAS MY "TORCH" AND WILL BE.
IF THE IMAGES COULDN T TALKS YOU // CLOSE THE BOOK !
NOBLET/DODAL/CHOSSON/CONVER ..
THEY EXPLAIN HIS CARDS ?
DON T WE THINK THEM WOULD SEE US LIKE JOKING ?
THERE IS NO "BOOK" EXPLAIN LE PENDV /BECAUSE LE PENDV IS TALKING TO US ABOUT HIMSELF FROM PAST TO PRESENT.
6-I THINK IF THE JUSTICE DON T FIND US " LIKE A CAVALLIER DE EPEE " SHE DON T GIVE US THE CHANCE TO KNOW THE HERMIT.HE WHO IF WE CALIFICATES CAN PUT LIGHT WITH HIS LANTERN IN MY OR US SOUL TO ENTER IN THE LAR ROVE DE FORTUNE.
7-WELL I M DON T WANT TO BORE YOU
THANKS AFTER ALL !!!
8-FROM WHERE ARE YOU ? (E.E.U.U. )

OnePotato

eugim said:
ONE POTATO : I REPOST MY POST BECAUSE I M NEW AND I DETECTED MANY ERRORS
COULD YOU READ IT I AND HELP ME HOW CAN I PUT MI IMAGES OR CARDS IN THE POST ?

Hello eugim.

I agree that the Chosson was probably made later than 1670.
I will have to read up on it, and see where people came up with that date in the first place.

I see that the images on the website have been "cleaned up" in photoshop.
I wish we could also see the un-retouched orignals.

I believe the moderators can help you with posting images better than I can. You must upload your images, and add some code to your post.

eugim

Chosson Deck

Mr.OnePotato "King of the Eyesores":
1- I m new here and I can t really make it easy with the "How could I reply You others " How replay (I mean response your post ... )
Where I must " Click" ?
2-Respect the Images you feel that they are too " Cleansed " ?
So we must Search where they come from...
3-I m agree /But why Camoin insist that them ar prior to Noblet ? ( 1650)
4-More over all ... / Them are too beautifulll !!!
5-I think that is a "Family" : Dodal-Chosson-Conver

6-Thank s you one more time and excuse my very,very poor English
(I hope Le Hermite VIIII be close to you with his shining lamp )