Ciro Marchetti Decks - questions for owners

Pam O

cirom said:
"If" this project was to become a reality. Your idea is actually quite "interesting" especially as I would certainly include a gold gilt edging (as I have just done on my recent oracle deck). But there would be an issue of what in the printing world is termed "bleed" namely the margin for error when the cards are trimmed. We'll see :)
"IF" you finish it, that gold border into golden gilt would be an absolute dream come true for me! :cool2:
If there was a tiny bit of edging with the cut, oh well. I would like to believe it would still be awesome! dreaming, and dreaming some more. :cool3:

rwcarter

Ciro,

Please don't tease. "If"? WHEN!!!!! :D

The new High Priestess is magnificent. And I love Pam O's idea about the gold border to gold gilding.

Rodney

Sinduction

Crap. Sign me up for the new one. Holy cow!

Aerin

rwcarter said:
Ciro,

Please don't tease. "If"? WHEN!!!!! :D

Jut what I was thinking.

The new images feel like the Gilded "should" always have been.

ps quite like black borders *ducks* but really, whatever you as the artist thinks will work best.

GryffinSong

Aerin said:
...ps quite like black borders *ducks* but really, whatever you as the artist thinks will work best.

What I like about the black borders is that it allows for the golden shapes on the sides of the inner border. I, too, like them. :)

Now, if they were WHITE borders, I'd say OFF with them!!! I despise white borders. Waters down the colors.

MysticalMoose

As a fellow despiser of white borders - ... I say GOLD bordering to gilded edges sounds DIVINE!

Morwenna

I love black borders. I love your cards, Ciro. I'd like to see this new one with black borders. I love your use of gold "constructed" borders on the black background. And yes I want the Gilded Mark II! Wowie...

cybercat

mm tod

I want to thank Ciro and everyone forletting me know about the MM TOD. I have the LE verison but since I have small hands have a hard time doing reading with it not for myself. I just love Ciro's artwork. Am now thinking that I have relooked over LD I might just have to get that one too.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I've been as guilty of it as anyone else, but can we please return to the subject of the thread, which is Ciro's existing decks? If a new version of the Gilded is to see the light of day, I'm sure that Ciro will make the proper announcements in the proper places at the proper time(s).

Morwenna

Ciro's existing decks. Right. Summer is almost here (so the calendar says)--the minute the weather warms up a bit (and it's starting), I'll bring out my Gilded and get studying it again. (It went missing all last summer.) I definitely consider it a summer deck.