Completionism

rwcarter

Collecting non-© USG RWS LWB printing editions is a thing, right....?

Oh, what a slippery slope.....
Been there, done that. (yawn) How do you think I figured out which printing of the LWB corresponds to the introduction of copyrights on the cards?

Oh, and you know there's at least one edition of the yellow box without copyrights that's from Weiser and not USG (although it contains a USG LWB). For Completionist's sake, you have to get that one too. :D :angel: :p

Chiska

You know, RichardG, you could always go into collecting Thoths...Such a lovely array of models, styles, colours, sizes, printings...I traded a favored deck just to get a White Box C from Weiser rather than USGames....

Come on over to the dark side. We have Thoths....

rwcarter

Chiska, And I thought I was being bad.... :p

gregory

You know, RichardG, you could always go into collecting Thoths...Such a lovely array of models, styles, colours, sizes, printings...I traded a favored deck just to get a White Box C from Weiser rather than USGames....

Come on over to the dark side. We have Thoths....
I am already there. But where is my Sangreal and my foiled...

One day I must list ALL mine for myself - I don't put all the box variants in the database, as it feels a bit cheaty - but I have - rather many !

Chiska

I am already there. But where is my Sangreal and my foiled...

One day I must list ALL mine for myself - I don't put all the box variants in the database, as it feels a bit cheaty - but I have - rather many !

...and your Columbian White Box. Don't forget that one...

And you do have the small white box deck as well, don't you?

gregory

...and your Columbian White Box. Don't forget that one...

And you do have the small white box deck as well, don't you?
Shriek. (Actually I can't REMEMBER if I ever got the small white box. Someone here agreed to sell it and then something went pearshaped and I don't recall if it stayed pearshaped. I can't look till I get back to the UK. Thanks for a new nightmare...)

Chiska

I'm here to help, gregory. You know, being a help to my elders and all given memory just isn't what it used to be.

I have two, btw. But this is where completionism raises its ugly head. They are not the same. They are different year's printings.

gregory

I'm here to help, gregory. You know, being a help to my elders and all given memory just isn't what it used to be.

I have two, btw. But this is where completionism raises its ugly head. They are not the same. They are different year's printings.
Fight the obsession. One of them should be MINE.

Chiska

Fight the obsession. One of them should be MINE.

Only if you have extra Hexary decks.

The obsession can't be fought. I wonder what else there is to collect?? Fairies? Sports Tarot? Hmm.... How fun!

RichardG

The Prince Of Darkness has competition.

Oh, and you know there's at least one edition of the yellow box without copyrights that's from Weiser and not USG (although it contains a USG LWB). For Completionist's sake, you have to get that one too. :D :angel: :p

So there's the Weiser yellow box with the Weiser LWB and a Weiser yellow box with USG LWB?

I'm sorry, Rodney, but I cannot read any further posts from you.
They lead to nothing but pain......

You know I would have purchased the item in the attachment just for the Weiser LWB had they not specifically excluded Australia as a Ship-To address. (Even eBay is trying to curb my veracious appetite...!)

Perhaps I should PM nisaba for a Spell.
Something like "And flung into the Vortex, his powers nugatory there..." :joke:

Attachments

• Samuel Weiser LWB.jpg
    Samuel Weiser LWB.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 61