Completionism

UrbanBramble

I'm just going to leave this here like a basket full of zucchini on a neighbor's porch in midsummer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321475249603?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

*doorbell rings*

Talk amongst yourselves. I will be spying from around the corner.

Note that there's only 10 hours left in which to bid if you so choose. And to clarify, I'm not listing this item, I've been watching it. After quite a bit of deliberation (and several incredible deck purchases in the meantime) I've decided not to bid. It will be of interest to quite a few of you, I do believe.

gregory

I'm just going to leave this here like a basket full of zucchini on a neighbor's porch in midsummer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321475249603?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

*doorbell rings*

Note that there's only 10 hours left in which to bid if you so choose. And to clarify, I'm not listing this item, I've been watching it. After quite a bit of deliberation (and several incredible deck purchases in the meantime) I've decided not to bid. It will be of interest to quite a few of you, I do believe.
I have that one :D YAY ME !

It does help being so OLD !

Chiska

*doorbell rings*

I have a 1959 and a French version, so I am good!

gregory

Tell me more about your 1959 one - and where did you say you live, again ?

RichardG

Chiska - I too love my University Books 1959 red leatherette slip case, brightly-colored (don't anyone say 'gawdy') RWS deck. More than anything.
Sometimes I just hold it, and look at it, and smile....

But this USG deck....LWB with it's Park Ave address, advertising card with East St address, it's a little bit of this & a little bit of that....it's a deck in transition...it wants a new home....and it would be soooo happy at your place....moving closer....just a simple click....

gregory

Oh University Books. I have three of those in various boxes - but none bears a date.

ETA speedy research. One of mine IS 1959. Whizzo !

Chiska

Oh University Books. I have three of those in various boxes - but none bears a date.

ETA speedy research. One of mine IS 1959. Whizzo !

Yay! It is a pretty deck, for a RWS. I like the colors. I especially like that it's original owner wrote Golden Dawn correspondences all over it. Gives it character. The book is beautiful - I don't think it was ever used. But then given the fact that the deck is all "Golden Dawned" I can see why! LOL

RichardG

Spoken like a true Thoth !

It is a pretty deck.....for a RWS

There's a clap of thunder as the Grand Council of Thoths materialize in her reading room. :smoker:
"Chiska, we really need you to explain your support of a RWS clone"

She had secretly known this fearful day would come....

RichardG

Giant RWS - is there a non-© version?

Dear Fellow Completionists, could I request you to cast your eyes over your expansive collections to ascertain if there is such a thing as a non-© stamped GIANT RWS version please?

I know there's an old-ish version, printed in Belgium and stamped 'Amy Zerner, 1990' - but is there a Giant version equivalent to the early 70's, unstamped USG yellowbox standard size version?

If such a beastie does exist, well, as I'm sure you will understand..... I just wont be Complete until I have one.

Thanks in advance.
Richard.

rwcarter

Dear Fellow Completionists, could I request you to cast your eyes over your expansive collections to ascertain if there is such a thing as a non-© stamped GIANT RWS version please?
By USGames, I'm pretty sure the answer is no. By Konigsfurt with German titles, yes, cause I have one.