Could we do a 'Gods Study Group'?

Kiama

I was thinking how interesting and helpful it would be if a few people discussed different Gods and Goddesses, from all religions and times. Y'know, talk about what we see them like, what they mean to us, how we feel about them, any traditions associated with them, what their worshippers do, talk about any myths or legends they appear in, and possibly the archetypes and symbolism of them....

So, is this Study Groups Forum strictly for Tarot Decks, or could we possibly stretch it?

Kiama

Kaz

Kiama,
I don't know really, this is a tarotforum, but if you want to set it up, it's ok by me.
Maybe you should ask Solandia about this.

Kaz

Emily

The only God I know anything about is the Christian one, so I would love to learn about the God's and Goddess's of other religions past and present. (Well I know a little about Greek mythology and the Norse Gods) :)

Solandia

The current Study Groups forum is for tarot only.

A Gods study group would fit into the Spirituality forum, though. And if you start having a few groups I'll look at making a separate board.

~ Solandia

Kiama

Okay, then! I'll start it up in Spirituality, if others want to take part. But I'll wait to see about other responses first. (Can't be having a group that nobody's in!)

Kiama

Pollux

I would definitely join you, Great Spirit!!! :)
Surely I would. I'd love that!
What a great idea! :)
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!

slinky_jo

Hey Kiama - what a cool idea! I'd be keen to participate as much as I can. I've got a lot of study n work to do this year, but I'll be in :D

Temperance413

Kiama,I would love to be a part of the group if you'll have me?!
Always interested in other views and "Gods" and religions!:)

kayne

Great idea!

Perhaps we could study them in terms of archtypes... for example we could have a thread about "Horned Gods" and discuss, compare and contrast various horned gods from a variety of backgrounds, eg Pan, Cernunnos, the Devil etc...

There are a lot of gods and goddesses out there, this could be one way to approach them all... :)

Kiama

Quote:Originally posted by kayne
Great idea!

Perhaps we could study them in terms of archtypes... for example we could have a thread about "Horned Gods" and discuss, compare and contrast various horned gods from a variety of backgrounds, eg Pan, Cernunnos, the Devil etc...

There are a lot of gods and goddesses out there, this could be one way to approach them all... :)

What a wonderful bit of genius there, Kayne! I think its a really good idea, and would definitely make it all alot easier to study....

Kiama