Creation wish list- What's on yours?

Page

Would it be super if there was Co. that covered

small print runs, 1000 max

Advice on all legal matters

Marketing, promotion, distribution

+ all the odds n' sodds

Maybe I'm dreaming again but I just posted this here so someone does this all under one roof.

I don't know if it's too late to write to santa to ask him for a high tech printer for xmax :confused:

I think that's there are so many people creating decks and the above puts them well off starting one in the first place as well as the time factor.

What do you think on this one and what's on your list?

SherryZoned

I think that would be awesome. I have secretly always dreamed of being a small time publisher. For just those things that you have said.. Maybe someday.

I know there are quite a few threads about self-publishing your deck. Quite a few people who have done it. Good Luck!

HudsonGray

AND that they have all the equipment to give the cards a spray varnish or laminate to boot! And packaging in 5 color at affordable pricing.

*Heavy Sigh*

Yeah, you know, if anyone did that they'd have people coming out of the woodwork for it. The only alternative I can think of is to go to one of those gaming conventions like Origins or Gencon & see which small D&D gaming business has board games at a booth there that have cards done up that way, and then ask where they got their printing done & what kind of price & minimum orders were required.

SherryZoned

I would love to do that. Maybe I will have to do some research to see what it takes to start a small press publishing company. could be a few years. why not start now? hehe

Page

RedWood Press

Originally posted by RedWood
I would love to do that. Maybe I will have to do some research to see what it takes to start a small press publishing company. could be a few years. why not start now? hehe

I used to work in a publishing company but this does'nt mean that I'm a expert.
It can be done easy but I would do digital printing to save time money and problems.

If your a creative person, you would think brill!! but there is a huge admin and techi input which will finish me off.

I was going to do this about 3 years but not for decks. I had some good contacts and got advice. The reason why I didn't take it up was because of other commitments.

Don't for get goldfoiling, 6, 8 colour printing ( for that extra kick of colour) and other special requirements.

It would be far easier if someone from one of the big boys branched off and done this. Then I can marry them have tarot babies and move the factory in my bedroom :joke:

Hello ;)

Lady Eclipse

Hi,

We've been toying with the idea for about a year now to actually have our own printing/publishing company just for tarot decks and books. We haven't yet gathered what I feel is enough information in order to do it properly. We hit that Powerball though, consider us in business...LOL!

Joy to you,
Maralee

FourLeafClover

If I could draw, I would create a deck based on Pratchett's Discworld novels. I keep seeing all sorts of paralells. And DEATH could just be himself. *grins*
Other ideas are:
Justice: Sam Vimes
Empress: Sybil Vimes
Magician: Vetinari
Strength: Angua
Fool: Carrot

And no doubt others that I've forgotten.

M-Press

Hi!

So this is a wish list?
Hm...very interesting...
i have been thinking about the small publisher thing as well...
That's why I'm called M-Press! To invite the energy I'll need to do that!!!!

I would like to publish my deck, but i don't know if I would like to do many more... But there are other products I want to have, such a s stationery, and some illustrated traditional books. Things I want for me, that is...

I'm comitted to publish my deck this year, no matter what (!!!), so i'll just have to see how things will roll...

wish list or not, I feel as if I've been wishing for a while, so now my wish is to start doing!!! (darn, my Mars in Libra!)

So, may all our wishes come true this year, from small to big, including of course those nice printers!
Happy New Year everyone!
:)

skytwig

Ideas......

You know, Mary Englebrite started her own publishing company because too many card companies wanted to control her work.... You might want to visit her site and read her books to find out how she did it. ME's For Artists

The other thought I had was asking on your websites for financial support/donations for your projects. Who knows, benefactors may be visiting your pages. I saw a woman on a Magazine TV show who was thousands of dollars in debt and created a website to simply ask people to help..... they did. They paid it all off for her!!!

It wouldn't hurt to ask....... :)

SherryZoned

Thanks for the information everyone.

M-Press ..I see what you mean about publishing things you want.

I want to publish decks. Different decks. I think the fun would be donig all the admin stuff. I could be wrong. I have set a plan to do all that. Now it is time for research.
For everyone who wants to. Good Luck on your business venture!!