Custom Lenormands

seven stars

Well gimme some ideas on what you guys WANT in a deck & I'll do *that*. Seriously. From what I am hearing, the thing where I just let people send me their images & I put them all together with a few of mine & let them tell me what style & whether or not to have borders, sepia or color, all that, is just too much for people to want to bother with - I totally appreciate that if that's the case.

What I'm being told is that it would be better to make one whole deck & then let people send in one or two of their own personal photos to substitute in (like, for the dog or child or woman, etc.) I can definitely do that, I just need to narrow it down to what style y'all would like the most. It can be sepias, or vivid colors, or dark or vintage or art nouveau etc etc. So that's what I'm working on now, & if anyone wants to do a shout out with stuff they'd like to see, I'm all over it.

For example, here's a before & after of the old german deck card I worked on, & I'm told people would much rather have the playing card insert than the poems - so doable. I can do that. The image itself was just a little too worn for my taste.

Attachments

• Before And After Clover.jpg
    Before And After Clover.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 131

MoonGypsy

You rock, Elaine! That looks incredible!!!! Want!!! i think you are really on the right track with this deck...;) Can't wait to see a sample with the playing card insert instead of the poem...

i answered your email this morning...:love:

delizt

YES!! Love the old german cards!!

Le Fanu

Yes.

A reproduction of a bashed and battered antique deck.

I'l be honest; the idea of gathering together my own images and making a customised deck? I'm just too busy or lazy or both...

I trust your taste implicitly. I'd rather you make it and I say "yes".

seven stars

Ok you guys, stay tuned, I'm gettin busy here. You guys rock. I love doing this stuff. 4 wasted years of college in Human Resources - god I'm glad I'm not stuck in an office doing that now - this is so much more fun & interesting.

MoonGypsy

Yes.

A reproduction of a bashed and battered antique deck.

I'l be honest; the idea of gathering together my own images and making a customised deck? I'm just too busy or lazy or both...

I trust your taste implicitly. I'd rather you make it and I say "yes".

Yes, our Le Fanu expresses my sentiments exactly in every way...

seven stars

By the way you guys could save me some time if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some free or inexpensive scans of regular playing cards, preferably interesting & vintage. I can make them look vintage but it's better if they're really vintage.

Le Fanu

You mean for Lenormand insets? Presumably you'd need only the Aces and sixes through to Kings?

I have so many old decks but I'm not sure if any of them are complete! :D

...Yes! Just remembered, I have some beautiful old French playing cards but they're so old they don't even have numbers in the corners. Would that be a problem? They have aged exquisitely and are covered with heavenly, sepia stains...

seven stars

Le Fanu....Dear One....you know my email addy right? ; )~

MoonGypsy

le Fanu said:
They have aged exquisitely and are covered with heavenly, sepia stains...

Oh they sound so perfect! :thumbsup: Trying very hard not to drool...:p

Unfortunately, i don't have any vintage or antique regular playing cards.