Custom Lenormands

seven stars

So, french inserts on a german deck are ok, right? Hey I've been working on the fox, he's not done yet but here he is so far. I do have a custom order I need to get done first that's kind of a priority but I'll get back on this asap.

Attachments

• Before & (almost) After Fox.jpg
    Before & (almost) After Fox.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 232

seven stars

Oh, Le Fanu I just noticed you put a few of the *new* versions of this german deck on your blog!

delizt

Love the fox!!!

seven stars

Progress

So while I'm waiting for Le Fanu's AWESOME playing cards for the inserts I've been making the graphics borderless as well since it sounds like a lot of people prefer that Here's the progress so far. These are not before & after pix they're "with" borders & "without" borders. One has the original german, one has a temporary playing card insert, the others have English poems I made up to go with the cards since German is hard.

Looks like this will be in mini size & bridge size although I could make a poker size...just trying to narrow it down.

And it looks like when it's done I can sell them to you guys for $20 & I'll probably charge $27 on the Etsy site. I would still like to do extra cards for people. I think I can snip & pull from different cards in the deck to come up with specific extra cards & of course the personalized backs are no problem, same as the other decks. I may not even make a standard back at all, just whatever people want on there since I do have a lot. I'm thinking the old faded patterns would be best on these (I'll attach).

Attachments

• Lenormand Progress.....jpg
    Lenormand Progress.....jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Suggested backs.jpg
    Suggested backs.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 233

MoonGypsy

This is quite exciting!

My vote is for the borderless with card insert; and my favorite suggested back is the one in the top row on the right. And i am very happy about the price, too, Seven S!

And i have my TH distress ink pads poised and ready to treat the edges on mine! :D They worked so wonderfully well on your Deck of the Bastard and Sola Busca Revisted!

seven stars

Jim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen is the bomb.

kalliope

Moongypsy, you used the Distress Ink Pads on the edges? Was it just to reduce the "bright white" appearance? What sort of look did you achieve? Did you use the Antique Linen as Seven Stars mentioned, or another color? Sorry for a thousand questions, but I'm intrigued.

I've treated trimmed edges with metallic ink to create a gilded look, but that's all so far.

MoonGypsy

Moongypsy, you used the Distress Ink Pads on the edges? Was it just to reduce the "bright white" appearance? What sort of look did you achieve? Did you use the Antique Linen as Seven Stars mentioned, or another color? Sorry for a thousand questions, but I'm intrigued.

I've treated trimmed edges with metallic ink to create a gilded look, but that's all so far.

Heya, Kalliope! :*

Yes, i did! :D Actually [since the Deck of the Bastard has become the main Tarot deck i use for readings;
i have...er...um...a few of them. More than i have ever had of any one deck]...

i have done 2 of them with Antique Linen; and did my other 2 [yes...gasp...i have 4 of them. ((((MoonGypsy hangs her head and blushes scarlet)))

...where was i...oh yes.:p my other 2 i actually started out with Antique Linen, then added a bit of Tea dye color, and finished with Vintage Photo. i LOVED how it came out. It reminds me of wood and blends so beautifully with the fronts.

My red antique tabriz rug back i left with just the Antique Linen, and it looks perfect for that one..

But i need to bring this thread back to Seven's Lenormand...:D

delizt

this lenormand is getting just better and better!!! great work Seven!!!

love the back choices, I'm partial to the last one in the first row