Cutting the energetic cords - advice / thoughts / experiences?

starburst_au

Hey all,

Not sure if this is in the correct place - the topic might need to be moved...

I've been speaking about 'cutting the energetic cords' with 'X'
with a few people on and off the forum and also mulling over the process myself for a while, but it didn't feel right at the time.

I'm thinking that now is a good time to actually start the process, and put thoughts into actions. I know a bit about the process and have been visualizing a kinda golden light cord being cut between myself and X. I know that everything isn't going to 'magically' happen over night and my emotions both positive and negative turn off like a tap.

I'm also aware that because I have had a sexual relationship with X, cutting "1" cord might not be enough. And seeking out a professional energetic healer is probably the best way to go. I'll do that in a few weeks.

I was also having a chat to a friend about the process and she said a few things I might like to consider are:

*clearing of past life stuff
*clearing of karmic energy
*clearing of sexual / emotional bonds
*when cutting the cord/s send them back with love and light
*consider 'taking the cord out' that remains (so the cord and attaching to my energy)
And filling that empty space with love and light
*some repairs to my aurua / plus balance after removing the cords
*consider thinking about what purpose the 'cord/s' have had in my life and what did they norish, and how do I replace that holes

So, I'd like to know if you've had any experiences cord cutting you'd like to share?
Any advice, thoughts or considerations I should keep in mind?

Much appreciated,
SB

starburst_au

Is the other person ok about cutting the cord?

"X" doesn't get a choice.

I'm over his behaviour, and I feel the situation will never change between us.

I could just ignore him, but the same old patterns keep on coming up between us, and I feel that this would be the best way for me not to engage with him again. Drastic measures call for drastic events kinda deal.

BrightEye

"X" doesn't get a choice.

I'm over his behaviour, and I feel the situation will never change between us.

I could just ignore him, but the same old patterns keep on coming up between us, and I feel that this would be the best way for me not to engage with him again. Drastic measures call for drastic events kinda deal.

But will this ritual affect him negatively? And if so, are you ok with that?

Apollonia

Hey all,

Not sure if this is in the correct place - the topic might need to be moved...

I've been speaking about 'cutting the energetic cords' with 'X'
with a few people on and off the forum and also mulling over the process myself for a while, but it didn't feel right at the time.

I'm thinking that now is a good time to actually start the process, and put thoughts into actions. I know a bit about the process and have been visualizing a kinda golden light cord being cut between myself and X. I know that everything isn't going to 'magically' happen over night and my emotions both positive and negative turn off like a tap.

I'm also aware that because I have had a sexual relationship with X, cutting "1" cord might not be enough. And seeking out a professional energetic healer is probably the best way to go. I'll do that in a few weeks.

I was also having a chat to a friend about the process and she said a few things I might like to consider are:

*clearing of past life stuff
*clearing of karmic energy
*clearing of sexual / emotional bonds
*when cutting the cord/s send them back with love and light
*consider 'taking the cord out' that remains (so the cord and attaching to my energy)
And filling that empty space with love and light
*some repairs to my aurua / plus balance after removing the cords
*consider thinking about what purpose the 'cord/s' have had in my life and what did they norish, and how do I replace that holes

So, I'd like to know if you've had any experiences cord cutting you'd like to share?
Any advice, thoughts or considerations I should keep in mind?

Much appreciated,
SB
I do cord removal as a part of my shamanic practice, and I always say that cutting one's own cords is kind of like using a self-tanning product--the results can be patchy and there are always spots you miss.

I highly second your idea of going to a professional for this. I have seen people who ended up putting a lot of time and energy into doing it for themselves, and the results were usually disappointing.

Milfoil

I do cord removal as a part of my shamanic practice, and I always say that cutting one's own cords is kind of like using a self-tanning product--the results can be patchy and there are always spots you miss.

I highly second your idea of going to a professional for this. I have seen people who ended up putting a lot of time and energy into doing it for themselves, and the results were usually disappointing.

Have to agree, while I have done this kind of work for others, it is rarely successful done for myself. The way I have found to do this is to keep working on my own being. My thought processes, my emotions, my feelings etc.

When I change in a marked or profound way, then the cords themselves often shrivel and die because what kept us linked is no longer feeding that connection. It's different for everyone as to what work needs to be done but openning myself up to the possibility that I am the bigger problem in the situation has worked wonders. What they do is up to them but the only thing I can control is my attitude, beliefs, behaviour patterns, thought processes etc.

Doing something out of the ordinary but making that kind of thing more of a habit, like taking a walk somewhere new on my own or going to a play I would never have bothered with before, taking myself off to a conference or gathering that I would never normally attend, that kind of thing. All done with an open mind and heart so that the healing can begin.

However, if there is a very serious, dangerous or life threatening problem, then seeking help from someone with experience who can look at what is really going on from both sides and with an impartial view before drastic action is taken is very wise.

starburst_au

But will this ritual affect him negatively? And if so, are you ok with that?

A week later, and pondering on that... I don't want it to affect him negatively, but I also don't want something to remain that only hurts me in the long run. Maybe he is free to make his own choices about me now.... that i'm not so attached to the idea of him being around.

What I did notice, is that when I did cut the cords, he came back with a different feel... like he sensed (it could have more logically be described in the way I was communicating with him) that i'm on a path of letting him go... and what does that mean for him....

realisations and stuff like that.....

starburst_au

LOL - I had a giggle at this. Yep self tanning product for sure! Patchy!
Yep professional is required for sure...

GotH

Hey girl.. :)

So you have finally decided you are ready to cut the chords. Coming to this point in itself should be quite a relief. Like I've mentioned to you before, I've done this by myself twice and successfully. I promise you that the people I cut from survived completely and I also believe they were released from some binding feelings themselves when I did. I look at this as a positive for all of us involved or this wouldn't have worked.

Each time I did had a different effect that I could clearly feel (and hear!) Please keep us posted on how this works for you.

Sincerely wishing you the best with this.

starburst_au

Hey girl.. :)

So you have finally decided you are ready to cut the chords. Coming to this point in itself should be quite a relief. Like I've mentioned to you before, I've done this by myself twice and successfully. I promise you that the people I cut from survived completely and I also believe they were released from some binding feelings themselves when I did. I look at this as a positive for all of us involved or this wouldn't have worked.

Each time I did had a different effect that I could clearly feel (and hear!) Please keep us posted on how this works for you.

Sincerely wishing you the best with this.

***Thanks Goddess!

Yeah, I did it on my birthday! Happy birthday me lol.
I'll have to go get a 'tune up' at some point but I think it's working rather well... along with some bush flower essences....

Slowly, slowly but it's better than nothing!