Death's Armor

oraclearcane

The Death card

I was contemplating the death card really carefully and I started to notice that the horse's eye looks like the egyptian eyes, I right now, for the life of me can't remember its name, but I know once you look at it you'll find that egyptian eye, and pleaase, somebody tell me the name...hehe.

mac22

Perhaps it's that death can get ya even with the best protection...:)

mac22

WolfyJames

The Hanged Man is stucked into his position. I think he discovered in Justice to balance things, to think about is good for him and what is not but he refuses to act on it and get stucked on the Hanged Man, his refusal to change. It is with Death that he learns to cut/kill/sacrifice parts of himself that are no good anymore, to release and let go of what hinders him internally. Death is the release, the new freedom found. Temperance is where he rebuilds himself: what to keep, what to add.

HudsonGray said:
That's what it sure sounds like. There's a thing with shamanism where they go through a 'death' usually underground, and get stripped down to just bones and reassembled again. It's a rite of initiation and is one of the things that needs to be done before they can move on with their learning. I wonder if they borrowed from that as part of the meaning.

I'm Wiccan and we just did this last week. It was not as terrying as I thought it would be. In our case, we went visiting the Goddess Scathach for warriorship wisdom.

Vetch

oraclearcane said:
I was contemplating the death card really carefully and I started to notice that the horse's eye looks like the egyptian eyes, I right now, for the life of me can't remember its name, but I know once you look at it you'll find that egyptian eye, and pleaase, somebody tell me the name...hehe.

Google is your friend. :) Eye of Horus