Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 152 : June 28th - July 5th

VGimlet

Silver Witchcraft Tarot for me this week.

GoldenWolf

I'm in with the Chrysallis Tarot and the Oracle of Vision.

Eyebright

I'm returning to tarot after a bit of an extended hiatus, and thought this would be a great way to get reacquanited with my decks and my practice.

So I'm starting with a deck I'm comfortable and familiar with whilst I dip my toes back into the waters of tarot; Anna K, 2nd edition.

*waves to everyone* :)

BodhiSeed

I'm returning to tarot after a bit of an extended hiatus, and thought this would be a great way to get reacquanited with my decks and my practice.

So I'm starting with a deck I'm comfortable and familiar with whilst I dip my toes back into the waters of tarot; Anna K, 2nd edition.

*waves to everyone* :)

Hey Eyebright! Good to see you again! :D

Elendil

Welcome back :) :)

swedishfish612

Initial impressions of the Fantastic Menagerie

Initial impressions of the Fantastic Menagerie

- I'm wild about the colors in this deck. They remind me of candy. Pastels, but bolder. I love the pinks and mint greens especially. This deck makes me long for a new reading cloth, something colorful, perhaps floral!

- I like the creamy borders with the thin gold line.

- I also really like the font. Works so perfectly with the art.

- Something about the artwork thrills me. It makes me think of the sort of childhood I wish I'd had. It almost makes me nostalgic, even though I don't remember reading any books with Grandville's art. There's something cozy and comforting about this deck. I love the facial expressions on so many of the characters.

- I find the court cards very expressive and easy to read.

- I have a long list of "favorite" cards, but what really stands out to me is how much I like the Majors. I tend to prefer Minor cards in most decks. I really like the Hierophant card, and that's usually one of my least favorite cards in any deck! Also, I love how each Ace involves someone holding a baby, yet each retains its own unique meaning. Very cool...maybe I just identify with parents and babies because I have a new baby myself!

I'm so excited to see what treasures will come from working with this deck.

swedishfish612

I'm in with the Chrysallis Tarot and the Oracle of Vision.

Do you post readings anywhere? Daily draws or anything? I'm very tempted by the Chrysallis, but I'm trying to hold out since I'm still paying for my Alice deck, plus I'm wanting the borderless Deviant Moon.

Elendil

Symbolon: The Deck of Remembrance

I am in with the Symbolon Oracle deck for a second week.