Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 221 : October 24 - October 30

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here - good from 10/11 -10/31

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Phantasmagoric Theater & Samhain Treat Deck
2. AJ - Tea Leaf Fortune Cards
3. katey - RWS (Centennial Ed.)
4. TreeLeafe - Halloween Tarot & Halloween Oracle
5. RiverRunsDeep - Ghost Tarot (Shadow work - Deviant Moon Tarot)
6. JylliM. - Anna K.
7. Madrigal - Archeon Tarot, Raven's Prophecy Tarot & Oracle of the Shapeshifters
8. BodhiSeed - Prairie Tarot & Medicine Cards
9. Scarlet Woodland - Crystal Visions & Halloween Tarot & Samhain Treat Deck & Raven's Prophecy & Deviant Moon
10. Kissa - Tarot of the Crone
11. swedishfish612 - Halloween Tarot & Halloween Oracle
12. GoldenWolf - Thelema tarot

VGimlet

Going back to a final week with the Phantasmagoric Theater, paired with the Samhain Treat Deck. :D

AJ

Thank you VG. I'm going to try to do something with the Tea Leaf fortune cards this week, I did a year wheel reading last week and it was kind of cool

If anyone is looking for a set (it is out of print again) there is one more in a shop in Oregon that is willing to mail. This is a much nicer box set than the original, if I am remembering it correctly, seems like the 1st edition had a big flat box.

katey

I'm feeling like I need some quality time with the good old RWS. Specifically, I'll be using my Smith-Waite Centennial Ed.

DaughterOfDanu

Halloween Tarot and Halloween Oracle for me. I'll be travelling most of next week so I may not be too active in posting :p

AJ

Just wanted to say what a nice group this is. we drift in and out, and are always welcome. How cool is that? I think it is because of our one little weakness...

NO RULES :))

VGimlet

Just wanted to say what a nice group this is. we drift in and out, and are always welcome. How cool is that? I think it is because of our one little weakness...

Mwwwahahaha - I have to agree with you AJ. No rules is the best. Especially for those of us who like to bend them until they scream...heh.

But I like it that people drift in and out. Makes it a more interesting group, IMO.

RiverRunsDeep

LOVE the "no rules" bit!! :D I feel like I have permission to be as creative and experimental as I'd like to be on this thread, with no specific obligations. It has been a great learning experience for me!

This week, I will be working with:

Ghost Tarot for my usual DOTW daily draws and readings. Plus, with Halloween on the doorstep, I like using this deck for ancestor work.

Deviant Moon Tarot for my shadow work. This deck isn't scary to me, but it is disturbing for indefinable reasons. I associate the deck with sadness and grief, and I suppose I'm about to find out why. :eek:

JylliM

Hello all, I didn't sign up last week but continued with my Anna K, which I'll be using for another week now :)

Madrigal

Mwwwahahaha - I have to agree with you AJ. No rules is the best. Especially for those of us who like to bend them until they scream...heh.

But I like it that people drift in and out. Makes it a more interesting group, IMO.

Rule bender checking in here }) I've been roaming far and freely the past couple of weeks using two or three decks per week and wondering about my status here on the, ahem, deck-singular-a-week thread. Apparently I'm in good company :joke:

Working with the lovely Archeon Tarot this week and the Halloween Oracle as my primaries. I received and recently trimmed the Raven's Prophecy Tarot so that will likely be on the roster as well. And the Oracle of the Shapeshifters.

RRD, the Deviant Moon is one deck I can't quite bring myself to buy despite the intense love for it here on AT. I totally get what you mean about it being disturbing. :bugeyed: