Demons can come?

Curtis Penfold

Milfoil said:
To be ignorant is not to use one's brain or freewill.

To make logical decisions allows us to find our true path surely?

O.K. As long as you make that clear ;)

Silverlyn

Milfoil said:
One of the hardest things in the world, in our lives is to be open enough to seek out our own truth and live by it. Every word that is so fervently adhered to by those who follow the mainstream religions (and a few not so mainstream) has been written by MEN!

Perhaps we are given a brain and freewill for a reason - to find our own truth and path.

*applauds* Good one, Milfoil! Good One! :)

Curtis Penfold

Milfoil said:
To be ignorant is not to use one's brain or freewill. Are you saying that someone's path through life is fated or set in stone and that we have no choice but to be what is destined for us? Surely we can all choose to change our minds, open up to different points of view if we use our free will? If we are too afraid or blinded to question anything or look further than what we have been brainwashed with, then we remain in ignorance.

To make logical decisions allows us to find our true path surely?

I do want to mention, though, that a person can logically join a group. Organized religion isn't all that bad. Group worship can provide a way different spiritual experience than just doing it by yourself. Heck, you couldn't study and understand yourself and your own spirituality if not for the studies of others.

I think it's a miracle when groups of people, using their freewill, unite to do something good.

Alta

Moderator note:

Just to keep the discussion on track: the posts should be related to the original topic about demons and tarot, more or less. But centred around tarot at any rate otherwise the discussion needs to be in Spirituality. This is, after all, a tarot discussion section. :)

Thanks
Alta
co-Moderator, Talking Tarot

Milfoil

Well, we all join groups of one sort or another (no man is an island etc) whether we want to believe it or not. Even here on AT, we like the company of like-minded others.

There are plenty of people like the girl mentioned in the first post, who feel that tarot is some sort of portal to evil and generally it comes from someone else telling them that rather than personal experience.

Curtis Penfold

Milfoil said:
who feel that tarot is some sort of portal to evil and generally it comes from someone else telling them that rather than personal experience.

Ah, now I see what you're saying clearly :)

The main problem is, there are some things people can only experience once, so it's probably best a lot of times to listen to others. We're told that people die if they jump off cliffs, so we don't jump off cliffs.

If a person is told that they will become possessed if they use Tarot cards, it's not such an illogical thing that they stay away from Tarot cards.

Milfoil

Aye but the same religious people will tell me that if I am good I will go to heaven but that is just as non-provable as tarot being a portal to evil. Anyone can go out and test what happens when you jump off a cliff.

Curtis Penfold

Milfoil said:
Aye but the same religious people will tell me that if I am good I will go to heaven but that is just as non-provable as tarot being a portal to evil. Anyone can go out and test what happens when you jump off a cliff.

But what is there to test? That's just it.

In reality, a Christian has NO reason to change the views that they were taught until real world application occurs.

So they're taught that Tarot equals evil. The ONLY thing that can and should change that worldview is associations with individuals that practice Tarot.

I mean, I'm told that drugs lead to a crappy life. I meet people that do drugs, and a lot of the hard users have crappy lives. If the large majority of hard users I met lived a great life and loved it, than my worldview would be changed and I would be more accepting of drugs.

I've met people who weren't doing terrible who did drugs. BOOM! My worldview that drugs lead to immediate death (as taught in elementery) is not true. I have to adapt it.

Tarot is not equivalent to drugs, but the way Christians view Tarot is similar.

In my opinion, Tarot users have to change people's worldview by being the great people they are, by trying to be kind, and yet, also being honest and blunt about their interest and usage in Tarot. I regret to say that I'm not as bold as I should be, but I think that it can help people see things differently. (I probably view things this way because I want to go into journalism).

gregory

Curtis Penfold said:
But what is there to test? That's just it.

In reality, a Christian has NO reason to change the views that they were taught until real world application occurs.

So they're taught that Tarot equals evil. The ONLY thing that can and should change that worldview is associations with individuals that practice Tarot.
Just as - at times - tarot readers feel ("know" !) that the Christian worldview is wrong and have no reason to change THEIR views; and equally - the only thing that can and should change their views would be association with Christians. It works both ways. Refusal to accept the views of other - in whichever direction - is the issue. I have serious difficulties with the views of some Christians....

Tarot is not equivalent to drugs, but the way Christians view Tarot is similar.
Excuse me. SOME Christians. By no means all. There are many on these boards who are practising Christians and easily manage to reconcile this with tarot. (Where is Indigo Rose ? :love:)

Curtis Penfold

gregory said:
Excuse me. SOME Christians. By no means all. There are many on these boards who are practising Christians and easily manage to reconcile this with tarot. (Where is Indigo Rose ? :love:)

Point well taken.