Tansey Ella

ASH
YOU HAVE MONEY, I HAVE A DECK
CONGRATS TO YOU
Tansey Ella

victoria.star

shadowdancer said:
well, here is a sort of unveiling of sorts..so drum roll please :D

These are some photos I am posting on behalf of Ash. The box looks beautiful in itself so as a package the whole thing looks terrific.

Davina
Ah, very beautiful. thank you for the photos, Davina. How lovely!

sacredashes

The printer actually had to show me how to use the interlock slits. They're quite easy to use actually and I rejected the idea at first coz I was upset (too busy being a tempremental wreck at the time to think straight! :p) the first few ideas didn't work.

We didn't want to ruin the cards coz they were matte laminated and so pretty!! The initial methods we tried made the house less stable (huff and puff and blow the house down sort of thing) and the cards turned out quite unsightly because of the way the slits were done.

Then, the solution came and it was quite simple actually.

So I will be taking some more pictures showing how to interlock the cards when you build them and it doesn't leave any marks on the cards too! Which was one of the main concerns because one other method we tried left scratches on the images which was a BIG no! no!

Anyways, should have more pictures posted up (showing the first steps to get the foundation built and its basically about getting the first 4 cards up..) and after that... it really depends on how you want to go about it; sideways, upwards or both...

And I found the exercise great for strategizing because there are certain directions you can't really follow; the structure gets unstable so its back again to how you work around that to build the house that stands strong.

I won't say more.. its one of those things you have to try for yourself and really break that mental barrier of "No, I can't do this..." mentality and modify it to "How can I do this?".

I was pulling out the samples everyday experimenting... Ok, ok... I was obsessing like Smeagol over the ring but what the hey... it was a lot of fun! :p

:heart:
Ash

shadowdancer

I have to say not only is the box captivating, but that title card is also very charismatic.
I will be asking Ash to send me a photo or scan of that card in close up as I know members here may not have seen it. Being met with that as you open the lid is a great scene setter and I have to say - it is the best title card I have seen from any tarot deck. Just as much effort and time has been spent on this as it has on any of the main deck card images. You really do feel as though you are stepping into a parallel world from the outset

Love it

Davina

victoria.star

Today, I feel like I need the Jahanamians more than ever ;)
Sometimes, the broken soul starts calling so loudly...
Ash!
Thank you for your sharing your deck!!

divinemsm

victoria.star said:
Today, I feel like I need the Jahanamians more than ever ;)
Sometimes, the broken soul starts calling so loudly...
Ash!
Thank you for your sharing your deck!!

Same here. As i said before, this deck is coming at the absolute right moment in my life, almost as if it was predestined. (ooooohh!!)
I am really not sure how I will ever be able to thank Ash enough for this deck!!
I am hoping there will be instructions as to how to build the foundation of the house. This is something I have never done with a tarot deck before so I am really looking forward to it...

thorhammer

Congratulations, Ash :) I'm so pleased for you, that your beautiful deck is finally out there. I've just put the order through for mine :) I can't wait to get a hold of it!

\m/ Kat

shadowdancer

title card

Ash has sent me the title card and here it is :) As I said, a great scene opener

Davina

Attachments

• CoverCard.jpg
    CoverCard.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 128

divinemsm

shadowdancer said:
Ash has sent me the title card and here it is :) As I said, a great scene opener

Davina

You know, it could almost be used as an extra card, an actually part of the majors... The Soul card or a significator maybe

lampkin

The full Diary of a Broken Soul deck is now available online for free tarot readings. Many thanks to Davina for writing the key phrases for the Minor Arcana, as well as the full e-LWB on the gallery site. I am also quite fond of the spread she designed for the Diary, a 12-card spread consisting of 3 pyramids that focus on self-awareness and development.