Diet and Exercise

suncard19

In your opinion, what effect does diet and exercise have on spirituality in general and reading tarot in specific?

Elijah

GotH

I would say it balances out and helps energy flow within the body which effects you mentally and spiritually. Having a healthy body, mind and spirit makes you a sharper tool for divination. This is just my opinion though... :)

Flames

I agree with Goddessofthehunter...every THING is energy. You put good things into your body, you become a clearer channel...less hindrance to the flow. Clean fuel keeps you firmly grounded and connected to higher energies.

suncard19

I would say it balances out and helps energy flow within the body which effects you mentally and spiritually. Having a healthy body, mind and spirit makes you a sharper tool for divination. This is just my opinion though... :)

yes, I do believe that energy flow is very important

suncard19

I agree with Goddessofthehunter...every THING is energy. You put good things into your body, you become a clearer channel...less hindrance to the flow. Clean fuel keeps you firmly grounded and connected to higher energies.

yes, I agree with the clean fuel. I have a few more things to get out of my diet, but I'm much cleaner now that years past and it shows

nisaba

In your opinion, what effect does diet and exercise have on spirituality in general and reading tarot in specific?

Elijah

If you belong to a religion which has as a central tenet belief in the Lord of the Hunt, vegetarianism just doesn't seem right.

I have read Tarot at periods of my life when I've eaten garbage. I've read Tarot at periods of my life when I've eaten extraordinarily well. It hasn't made any noticeable difference.

I don't read well on weight-loss diets - being faint with hunger and resentful of deprivation doesn't aid my concentration.

Exercise? Well, if it's not time away from your cards, then it's sweaty hands when shuffling, which is also not ideal. :angel:

Zephyros

It keeps you real. It can be too easy to fall into the habit of being stuck over a notebook for too long, pondering Kabbalah and Tarot images. I lift weights and go on bike rides several times a week, sometimes I need to suffer and sweat a little (or a lot!) })

Secondly, spiritual experience is no more important than physical experience, and if you're working on one it makes sense to keep the other a well-oiled tool with which to experience creation.

Alta

I think a balanced life, as far as that is humanly possible, is helpful in reading tarot. I don't think you have to be vegan or anything extreme, I am against extreme practises as they become ends in themselves.

There is another thread going about drinking and reading tarot, and again, I think a glass of wine or equivalent could enhance the reading but too much is too much. :)

Syeraph

ok. eating healthy and exercise can raise your bodily frequency. when your frequency is higher you are in a state of positive vibrations. this can also be achived through laughter, love, general feel good things also certain crystals and essential oils... I think flower essence too. now I do see a direct correlating between reading tarot with a low vibration vs. a high vibration. also the same for mediumship. if your vibrations are high you get good loving spirits, low vibrations you get the nasty ones. as I was saying diet and exercise is only one way to raise vibration