Do piercings affect the energy flow of the body?

Tanga

...Fascinating. I wonder if it could, seriously, be some help to stroke victims etc, as well? Even in dementia, maybe... though can you imagine doctors prescribing tattooing? :bugeyed:

Interesting.
I feel however that in such cases, experiencing the tattoo might be far too traumatising on-top-of the existing condition...

...One of the things about fibromyalgia (the condition I happen to know most about) is that the brain learns to feel more pain than usual for the same stimuli... if I remember right, more nerves actually grow - or maybe more pain-receptor brain cells corresponding to the nerves.

(This sends some people into despair, but I decided that if my brain/nerves, let's say bodymind, could physically learn to perceive more pain, then it could be taught to perceive less, and so I'm working with that - with success, so far. :))

Hmm. I like that thought!

I have a friend with fibromyalgia. (and hypermobile syndrome).

(I'm also very interested about hypermobility syndrome but can't really make it relevant to this thread. ;))

:) ....

Tanga

...Here's an interesting aside about tattoos:
At and around the site, the body becomes more proprio-receptively aware. In essence, the tattooing process has encouraged the body to be "more awake" in that area.
When I read this - I thought (a bit wildly) "Hmm - then I should get a whole arm sleeve on my left arm! Seeing as this is the arm I have less motor control and awareness over, due to my particular version of hypermobility syndrome".

:joke:

I should add here - that the only reason I would REALLY like my left arm to behave a bit better - is so that it can equal the awesomeness of my right arm in my practice of Kung Fu.
:joke: :joke: :joke:

MandMaud

Interesting.
I feel however that in such cases, experiencing the tattoo might be far too traumatising on-top-of the existing condition...

I imagine it would be, unless diagnosed so early that the patient could understand what it was all about.

You gave me another wondering-idea - unrelated to anything, sparking off as bolts from the blue do(!) - joining this line of thought up with the known phenomenon of acute insult (in the medical sense, ie hurt) to the body being associated with improvement of chronic conditions. I think the way bee stings or nettle stings help arthritis (temporarily) is part of this, though that probably involves the immune system too. But also, when I had a sudden health ":bugeyed:" (stroke), my fibromyalgia went away for four months, and lots of nurses and even doctors said it was a known thing, the long-term "background" problem fading out when the dramatic "foreground" thing took centre stage.

That was a nice four months.

Hmm. I like that thought!

I have a friend with fibromyalgia. (and hypermobile syndrome).

:) ....

We all need to like that thought! And to decide on living by it! ... Works for me. :)
(Here comes my best-seller... :D)

I should add here - that the only reason I would REALLY like my left arm to behave a bit better - is so that it can equal the awesomeness of my right arm in my practice of Kung Fu.
:joke: :joke: :joke:

How about using the Kung Fu to frighten the left arm into behaving? :p

MandMaud

That last post wasn't entirely off topic, folks! The idea that a shock to the system can be therapeutic... instead of doing harm, it ties in more with what we've been thinking about acupuncture and similar.

Michael Sternbach

I haven't read the thread, I'm just replying to the question:

Of course they do. Metals are excellent conductors.

Tanga

...You gave me another wondering-idea - unrelated to anything, sparking off as bolts from the blue do(!) - joining this line of thought up with the known phenomenon of acute insult (in the medical sense, ie hurt) to the body being associated with improvement of chronic conditions. I think the way bee stings or nettle stings help arthritis (temporarily) is part of this, though that probably involves the immune system too. But also, when I had a sudden health ":bugeyed:" (stroke), my fibromyalgia went away for four months, and lots of nurses and even doctors said it was a known thing, the long-term "background" problem fading out when the dramatic "foreground" thing took centre stage.

The body is so wonderfully (and annoyingly) mysterious. :)

How about using the Kung Fu to frighten the left arm into behaving? :p

It doesn't work in practice. I have to be mindful of injury - which in a hypermobile instance, can happen without awareness... Then I wake up later going oww and wonder WHY. :)

MandMaud

It doesn't work in practice. I have to be mindful of injury - which in a hypermobile instance, can happen without awareness... Then I wake up later going oww and wonder WHY. :)

I was kidding. :) And I know about hypermobility, what seems a harmless movement can overstretch something and you don't know at the time. :(

Michael Sternbach said:
Of course they do. Metals are excellent conductors.
But are you meaning only the electrical and/or magnetic energy flow of the body? :)