does anyone use a minors-only deck regularly...?

Scarlet Woodland

Yep this is exactly how I use my pretty playing cards :D Minors + Knight/Queen/King are ample for mundane questions and I don't always want to "bother" my Tarot decks for rather silly questions. Majors can be downright unhelpful for me on occasion and a cute, illustrated deck of cards like my Harry Potter or Santoro ones are just the ticket.

Padma

That's a good idea, Scarlet Woodland! I could easily use my Keys to the Kingdom playing card deck to read with (illustrated minors). :)

I agree about not wanting to "bother the tarot deck" in regard to smaller questions. Really well said! :thumbsup:

Scarlet Woodland

I agree about not wanting to "bother the tarot deck" in regard to smaller questions. Really well said! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear I'm not just bonkers :D

nisaba

I wish it were other than a snake deck - can't stand snakes!

It's not a photographic or even very accurately representational deck - the artwork is *stunning*. Even a snake-hater would love it.

You know though I never thought of the minors as touching on anything spiritual...

As it happens, I had it with me today, and read for an elderly woman with some quite significant health problems that were intimately connected with her inner spiritual life. It gave her good advice on how to honour her spirit, and indicated that, should she treat her inner life better, her body will begin to be a more comfortable body to live in. :) That's spiritual enough. At least, for today's client.

everyone has their own way to read which works very well for them! A difference of mileage does not mean a wrong way!)

Indeed. And if someone does something that I didn't think I could do, I often go and try, just to see. :)