Does it matter the place where you read?

ivanna

I'm used to read at home, at night, when all are sleeping and I can have time for me, able to light candles and inciense.
But today I took the cards with me, and I make a couple of readings at the office.

Did you noticed any difference between reading at home or in your favorite place, and reading in other busy places like the office or any noisy place? Does it affect to your accuracy?

If you can not meditate and take your time to relax and focus on your question, do you get valid answers from the tarot?

tarotbear

I've done readings for people standing up in a busy hallway holding the cards between my fingers.

Once you've shuffled the cards and picked the ones for the reading the rest is up to you. however, having or being in an area conducive to a readings is usually better - not so much for the cards (the cards that come up will be the cards that come up) but for the reader and the reader's focus. Trying to do a reading in the stands during the final round of a basketball playoff would not be a good time to do a reading!

Zephyros

It depends on the subject. Heavy readings I prefer to do somewhere quiet with no distractions, but the places I have read in have not affected the accuracy. I have read on office building lobby floors, by highways, on beach towels at the beach, on someone's chest at the beach when I didn't have a towel, in moving cars, on the street, bars and restaurants, and on top of a tank.

ivanna

THank you, I had dis doubt. It seems less magical if i can not light the candles and the insciense,, so I was doubting about the reading could be also worse.

tarotbear

The cards are what is important.

Candles, incense, biting the head off a live chicken - those are all props but they have nothing to do with the message.

Someone reading cards on the sinking Titanic would not have the time or place to light candles and incense...

yogiman

Someone reading cards on the sinking Titanic would not have the time or place to light candles and incense...

He will not need to have the time.

nisaba

I'm used to read at home, at night, when all are sleeping and I can have time for me, able to light candles and inciense.
But today I took the cards with me, and I make a couple of readings at the office.

Did you noticed any difference between reading at home or in your favorite place, and reading in other busy places like the office or any noisy place? Does it affect to your accuracy?

If you can not meditate and take your time to relax and focus on your question, do you get valid answers from the tarot?

I don't have a favourite place. Noise or silence doesn't worry me: once I get immersed in the reading I never notice anything else, anyway.

I don't meditate for readings, and I don't focus on the question. Instead, I focus on the kind of spread I will do, so that the right number of cards will be stacked on top of the deck when I finish shuffling and cutting.

Holly doll

The cards are what is important.

Candles, incense, biting the head off a live chicken - those are all props but they have nothing to do with the message.

The incense & candles + the live chicken thing (oh, the visual!! Not all over my best cloth please...!) is part of a ritual - "setting the mood" - useful but not essential. It's the interaction between yourself, the querent & the cards that is key. The cards will tell you what you need to know anyway - no matter the setting...

Padma

He will not need to have the time.

He may have been one of the survivors :D

I don't think it matters - like the others, I have read at bars, during Halloween parties, at barbeques outdoors - and yes, like Tarotbear, in a hallway, quickly pulling a few random cards to answer a question in a hurry.

One of my most accurate readings ever was in an office, although I don't like that environment for reading. But like Nisaba, once I begin to read I don't notice anything else, anyways. I fall into the cards like Alice through the Looking Glass :D

Here's what, Ivanna - choose the place you like to read, and when and how, and do it then - only do what you want to do, and how you want to do it. :heart: