Dual Meaning Cards

andybc

Certain cards would have to have another card to imply the message.

RING GARDEN: Promiscuous unsettled types. e.g. Gigolos.
RING ANCHOR: Long term relationship
RING CLOUDS: Uncertainty around a relationship.

Defintely DUAL meanings, but with other cards it can be clarified.

For promiscuity, I would want to see Lilies - Park. Ring - Park would just mean many commitments, soneone with lots of ties. There's nothing sexual in those cards alone.

Ronia

Don't forget the Rider, guys! You need someone rather good looking, most probably young and quite fit, ya know. :D "Rider" speaks for itself. LOL

andybc

Don't forget the Rider, guys! You need someone rather good looking, most probably young and quite fit, ya know. :D "Rider" speaks for itself. LOL

Lol. Very true.

DownUnderNZer

For promiscuity, I would want to see Lilies - Park. Ring - Park would just mean many commitments, soneone with lots of ties. There's nothing sexual in those cards alone.

In Steinbachs' book she has something like: "Dog Heart MAN Garden Ring" when someone asks about a certain man's "availability".

More or less it shows him in a relationship already (Dog Heart), but that he more than likely plays the field. (Garden Ring).

Depends on the context of the question as to how any of the cards would be read as in a different question the GARDEN and RING might be about a WORK CONTRACT connected to networking.

If I was doing the GT layout then I would use the LILY as a SEXUAL card.

andybc

In Steinbachs' book she has something like: "Dog Heart MAN Garden Ring" when someone asks about a certain man's "availability".

More or less it shows him in a relationship already (Dog Heart), but that he more than likely plays the field. (Garden Ring).

Depends on the context of the question as to how any of the cards would be read as in a different question the GARDEN and RING might be about a WORK CONTRACT connected to networking.

If I was doing the GT layout then I would use the LILY as a SEXUAL card.

Even in context, I'd still want something to indicate it's not just strong ties to their community.

I don't understand why you would switch meanings though between spreads?

214red

Isn't there duality in every card, the ring can be a commitment, or it can be a ball and chain..Just like the slaves being shackled.

DownUnderNZer

Even in context, I'd still want something to indicate it's not just strong ties to their community.

I don't understand why you would switch meanings though between spreads?

I was taught both ways how to read them...GT (German ladies) and NO LAY OUT (Phoenix/Steinbach).

Very rarely do the GT anymore, but if I did resort back to it, I would do it the way I was shown out of respect.

The NO LAY OUT addresses specific questions and I follow how Steinback prefers the cards to be looked at...dealt with her too on a different website and she tends to think it is her way or no way at all which I dont agree with...but it is still her method.

I am not a pro at the GT nor NO LAY OUT, but each does have a few different card meanings.

andybc

Isn't there duality in every card, the ring can be a commitment, or it can be a ball and chain..Just like the slaves being shackled.

Oh certainly! Its not nice in health issues at all. And relationships can be hard. But put with Park I wouldn't immediately think of a bed hopper.

andybc

I was taught both ways how to read them...GT (German ladies) and NO LAY OUT (Phoenix/Steinbach).

Very rarely do the GT anymore, but if I did resort back to it, I would do it the way I was shown out of respect.

The NO LAY OUT addresses specific questions and I follow how Steinback prefers the cards to be looked at...dealt with her too on a different website and she tends to think it is her way or no way at all which I dont agree with...but it is still her method.

I am not a pro at the GT nor NO LAY OUT, but each does have a few different card meanings.

I can understand that, I was curious that's all.

I don't think I could do that personally, too much to remember lol. Have you ever tried to use the "GT meanings" in the no layout, or vice versa. I know people who use Sylvie's meanings in GTs.

214red

Oh certainly! Its not nice in health issues at all. And relationships can be hard. But put with Park I wouldn't immediately think of a bed hopper.

I think this is where we can get into all sorts of issues. If you switch meanings between cards your essentially being rigid in how you work with the cards and this complicates it for you. A not sure I can see the gigglio or bed hopping in cards With the ring, because that implies NO commitment at Allison the ring shouldn't even be there. Polygamy might be the only time the ring could be used in that context and that's very rare.

Ring itself implies commitment or contract, even obligation, not sure it ever loses that feeling.