Duck Soup decks

ana luisa

I apologize if this has already been mentioned in another thread but I have two questions concerning their decks. One has to do with stock. Anybody would care to share if their cards come in a thick or thin, glossy or matt, sturdy or thin stock ? The second has to do with shipping. I am daft when it comes to technology but couldn't find any mention regarding shipping costs. I live in the ROW area and shipping is THE first thing I check before ordering. I would really appreciate any info or suggestions. As was to be expected, I've been flirting with the Rackham for a while...

ana luisa

Nobody ?

ana luisa

Have you used anything by Seven Stars? His decks remind me of the type she uses.

Thank you for replying, MissChiff :thumbsup: I've seen Seven Stars decks on the net but alas, have never actually touched or owned one...

MissChiff

Well.. They are flexible...but sturdy..if that makes sense?...they shuffle like a dream..I only have one of his decks..but I've used it a lot....it still looks and feels new..

ana luisa

Well.. They are flexible...but sturdy..if that makes sense?...they shuffle like a dream..I only have one of his decks..but I've used it a lot....it still looks and feels new..

Yes, that helps A LOT ! Thanks ! As I usually can only afford one deck (and never replacements), I want to make sure it stands the test of time. Sorry for being nosey but which one did you get ? I've been pining for the Rackham. Still have to learn how to calculate shipping (taxes in my country are calculated over the price of the product PLUS shipping costs :bugeyed:

MissChiff

I have the one that's based on the Lombardy Tarot...I got the standard backs.. I love it!

mydearruby

Duck soup uses 310gsm linen finish, which feels sturdy and flexible in my opinion, and very smooth to shuffle. There is also one option for some of the decks with 330gsm smooth finish. I have always wanted to try it. Highly recommend all his tarots! (Yeah I have them all:D)

As for the shipping you can send a msg to Freder in person here!

ana luisa

Duck soup uses 310gsm linen finish, which feels sturdy and flexible in my opinion, and very smooth to shuffle. There is also one option for some of the decks with 330gsm smooth finish. I have always wanted to try it. Highly recommend all his tarots! (Yeah I have them all:D)

As for the shipping you can send a msg to Freder in person here!

Thank you so much for the precise information, mydearruby !!! :) I will certainly contact Freder to ask about shipping conditions. Awesome !

illyria

Yes, that helps A LOT ! Thanks ! As I usually can only afford one deck (and never replacements), I want to make sure it stands the test of time. Sorry for being nosey but which one did you get ? I've been pining for the Rackham. Still have to learn how to calculate shipping (taxes in my country are calculated over the price of the product PLUS shipping costs :bugeyed:

The whippy cardstock is amazing, ana luisa! I tend to overshuffle the cards, simply because it's so satisfying to handle. I have the Rackham—and I know this isn't the enabling thread—but if you decide to purchase it, you won't regret it.