Marks on new International Icon Tarot cards

Zezina

My copy of International Icon Tarot has arrived. A sealed new deck direct from the publishers, Glowinthedark Pictures LLC.

I find the artwork very impressive - consistently excellent - a lovely deck.

But several of the cards have marks on them, like fingerprints, as thought these cards were handled while the ink was still wet.

In particular: Two of Cups, Three of Swords, Queen of Swords, and one or two more in the Swords suit.

If this is a consistent flaw, then probably nothing can be done, but if it is only my deck, I'll contact the publishers for replacement.

If you have this deck, can you please check these particular cards and let me know?

Thanks.

:heart: *Z*

cardlady22

I can't recall which specific cards, but they (the publisher) were quite prompt in sending replacements for me!

Zezina

Thanks cardlady22. In that case I'll contact them.

shadowomyn

He's great to deal with. I got a replacement card for the Ator deck (another deck he did) the day after I contacted him. (We live in the same city).

Zezina

They say they've run out of replacement cards.

If I post my deck back to Glowinthedark, they'll send me another unopened deck.

I'm happy to do that, but given the cost of postage from here, only if I get an assurance that the new unopened deck will be free of flaws.

I've had no response to that question yet.

A pity - its such a consistently nice deck.

ReginaDiBastoni

I see no reason why a publisher shouldn't be able to guarantee that an unopened deck will be perfect in every way.

cardlady22

Things do happen during the packaging process, etc. Many other publishers have had doubles of a single card which left out 1 of another. When the stock of a print run comes down to the last, I can see how they would run out of decks they've already broken up for replacements.

I do like to buy my decks opened but not much used. Or when getting something overseas, having a friend order "in country" and look through the deck before sending to me.

Zezina

Happily resolved!

After I returned the deck with flawed cards to them, glowinthedark kindly sent me a brand new unopened replacement deck that is all good.

The International Icon Tarot is a really quality deck design - clever and talented work.

So I'm really happy to have it.

*Z*

AJ

the artist is a member here, rota.
I'm glad it was resolved.

Sigrdrifa

I recently bought a copy of the IIT and had the exact same problem. I e-mailed them but haven't got a reply so far. Does anyone know how long they usually take to e-mail back?