Ellis decK - 3rd Edition

agviz

It was easy to trim and looks much better now, doesn´t it.
I used kitchen scissors and an old corner rounder from a crafts shop.

Wow, nice job! And great news that it worked. Thanks for sharing!

rwcarter

Seeing Hemera's trimmed deck, I have to ask - the art is different sizes on the cards? I never noticed that before!

Rodney

Tanga

It was easy to trim and looks much better now, doesn´t it.
I used kitchen scissors and an old corner rounder from a crafts shop.

Thanks for those Hemera.
Sigh. They arrived this morning - and I definitely want to trim! })
But - this means I'll need a second deck... I think.
Decisions, decisions - Lol.

Hemera

Seeing Hemera's trimmed deck, I have to ask - the art is different sizes on the cards?
Maybe it is? I have not paid much attention to it before. It was easy to trim though, since the white border was the same size so I just cut off the white. (For instance in Aquarian Tarot the white borders were different in size in different cards and I almost ruined the deck before I noticed!)
(-Oh, and I´m sorry about the poor quality of the pictures.. )

The Happy Squirrel

Seeing Hemera's trimmed deck, I have to ask - the art is different sizes on the cards? I never noticed that before!

Rodney

The art work itself is not different in sizes, if you define 'art work' as anything within the white borders. What Ellis did I believe is put the title of each card in a variety of ways, so they are not uniformed in a way that we usually see. This may create the impression that the art work is not of the same size. Some titles are written on a panel of colours along the bottom of the cards using a certain size font, and in another card, the font is larger, and the title is not sitting inside a solidly coloured panel, but floating, for example.

But if you trimmed the white borders off, you get cards of the same size. Thankfully!

agviz

Trimming in progress over here and coming along nicely. Will report back when finished...

agviz

Finished! Gilded the edges black while I was at it.

Attachments

• ElliisTrimmed.jpg
    ElliisTrimmed.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 135

The Happy Squirrel

Wow! Is that the plastic deck agviz?