Ellis decK - 3rd Edition

HuskyChariot

Me too... I wanna plastic one too... :(

Feel like a tantruming 4 year old!

G6

Are these regular size or smaller? Thanks!

mydearruby

The plastic edition is coming back for a second run and now ready for pre-order with discount!

The Happy Squirrel

Just received my plastic Ellis.
It does shuffle like "buttah" as someone here said :D
Highly recommended!

Now, if someone can just share how we can safely trim this!

:D

Tanga

Just received my plastic Ellis.
It does shuffle like "buttah" as someone here said :D
Highly recommended!

Now, if someone can just share how we can safely trim this!

Oh no - don't mention the word "trim" !!
Eagerly awaiting my plastic copy...

The Happy Squirrel

Oh no - don't mention the word "trim" !!

Eagerly awaiting my plastic copy...

Seriously though, HOW do we trim these.....??

agviz

...Seriously though, HOW do we trim these.....??

All this talk of trimming has got me interested in giving it a go. I've yet to trim this plastic card stock, so there could be a danger in damaging the deck. But hey, no guts, no glory. If you'd like to wait and see what happens with mine, I hope to give it a go this weekend.

I'm against scissors for trimming because the results are so irregular. I use the 12-Inch Fiskars ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer. If you want to see my technique for getting a nearly machine-cut deck, check out post #42 on this thread this thread.

edit to add: Happy Squirrel, I see you commented about trimming on the thread I linked to. Did you end up purchasing a cutter? If so, what typed?

The Happy Squirrel

All this talk of trimming has got me interested in giving it a go. I've yet to trim this plastic card stock, so there could be a danger in damaging the deck. But hey, no guts, no glory. If you'd like to wait and see what happens with mine, I hope to give it a go this weekend.

I'm against scissors for trimming because the results are so irregular. I use the 12-Inch Fiskars ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer. If you want to see my technique for getting a nearly machine-cut deck, check out post #42 on this thread this thread.

edit to add: Happy Squirrel, I see you commented about trimming on the thread I linked to. Did you end up purchasing a cutter? If so, what typed?

Hello Agviz

I ended up buying the cutter in the first pic here,

http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Crafting-and-Sewing/Paper-Trimmers

while I think what we need for a plastic deck will be one like in the second pic. I think the 'drag' cutting won't work on the much 'tighter grain' and harder plastic, and the 'chop up and down' cut will work better!

Hemera

It was easy to trim and looks much better now, doesn´t it.
I used kitchen scissors and an old corner rounder from a crafts shop.

Attachments

• Ellis decK before.jpg
    Ellis decK before.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Ellis decK trimmed.jpg
    Ellis decK trimmed.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 153