Exploring meanings for the Tower

.traveller.

I have had it come up as liberation, freedom from oppression, which is cause for celebration once the shock wears off. I have often thought that the Tower from the Noblet deck has a celebratory feel; the people look like gymnasts and there is 'confetti' as if to cheer "the tower has fallen!"

SweetIsTheTruth

Jenny-Li said:
It's the "You've been living in a lie, but now the veil is lifted from your eyes and the truth becomes clear"-card. It's painful, yes, but it gives you the opportunity to build your life upon the solid foundation of truth.

Whether the card be good or bad, is completely dependent on whether the querent is ready to give up the lie or not. If the querent is ready, willing and able to give up the lie (and feel the relief that comes with that), then yes, the Tower is a positive card. If the querent clings desperately to the lie, not wanting that Tower to come crumbling down, then yes, the Tower will be a card of misery and it will be a very long night indeed.

But even in the case of being willing to give up the lie, it can still leave one with a sense of 'falling from the Tower,' for some time. In my own case, it lasted two years, but that was only because the lie was foundational, so once it was revealed, I had nothing to hold onto anymore. It took some time to adjust to life without that lie. Looking back, I am glad it happened.

Psionic

The Tower, lets see... for me... it means...

In general, something sudden or unexpected.

It can be horrible, like meatbox666 stated, especially if there are cards around it to convey or reveal a psychic resonance of such events as meatbox expressed, the tower would represent the apex of those events.

Or it can be neutral, as in something we dont see at first, something we dont want to give up, but has already fallen.

Or it can represent something good, or benign, like what ana luisa stated, bombastic sex.

The cards surrounding the tower in the spread will supply the bias of negative or positive

Tower can also sometimes mean: electronics, electricity, communications utilizing energy (like cell phones), cellphone text messages, radio communication, microwave, anything along the spectral energy band (possibly anything that has a tower affiliated with it!) , computers.

maggiecat

Whether the card be good or bad, is completely dependent on whether the querent is ready to give up the lie or not. If the querent is ready, willing and able to give up the lie (and feel the relief that comes with that), then yes, the Tower is a positive card. If the querent clings desperately to the lie, not wanting that Tower to come crumbling down, then yes, the Tower will be a card of misery and it will be a very long night indeed.

But even in the case of being willing to give up the lie, it can still leave one with a sense of 'falling from the Tower,' for some time. In my own case, it lasted two years, but that was only because the lie was foundational, so once it was revealed, I had nothing to hold onto anymore. It took some time to adjust to life without that lie. Looking back, I am glad it happened.

I just wanted to let you know how incredibly helpful this post was to me. Just goes to show... even 7 years later sometimes something said on a whim is a turning point for someone else.