fairy lights tarot ♡

MagsStardustBlack

Oh my godddess, I have fallen In love with Fairy Lights Tarot, and it hasn't even arrived yet. Iv been looking for a new reading tarot deck to complement my Frouds Oracle as the faeries are full on just now and yes... making me shop for faery stuff. And initially I over looked this one, but was pulled back to it and from what iv seen of the paired images on google and the art, and the whole other world im fascinated. Its as if the fae nudged me to this deck. I feel the artist must have had a connection to the fae to see this world in such clarity and uniqueness. The pictures feel very real for me. Like the artist was guided to paint the images. As opposed to say The Hidden Realm, which I initially really wanted to buy, then read it was models that were painted, which put me off (for a faery deck). For me faeries need to be intuitive and from the imagination as much as possible.

Has anyone read with this deck? I sense big things from this deck... totally psyched ♡♡♡♡♡

Xxmags

Grizabella

I've been seeing good things said about it around the forums but I haven't seen the actual deck. People who have it seem to love it.

MagsStardustBlack

Could a mod please tag me some threads? I can't use my search option on my tablet for the forum search. Id love to join into a recent discussion ♡

I already feel a connection to this deck and its probably still in the amazon warehouse lol.

AJ

rather than be influenced by what our opinions were/are
why not wait until you have your deck and tell us what you think?

Because there are some pretty strong opinions about it here.

MagsStardustBlack

rather than be influenced by what our opinions were/are
why not wait until you have your deck and tell us what you think?

Because there are some pretty strong opinions about it here.

Thanks AJ,

I wasn't planning on being influenced, but rather was hoping for some discussion thread, maybe a thread for this deck that I could read or join into on discussing the cards images. But your comment does sound very intriguing! I wonder what these strong opinions are. If I coukd get a link to these threads I could join in when my deck arrives :)

etherealtarot

Felt a very strong pull to these cards as I just looked them up. I am definitely saving it to my bookmarks! Thanks :)

Le Fanu

Not strictly related to this deck but...

There is a wonderful article in the newspaper today; Why I love Fairy Painting, and if you scroll down to the comments section, there is an honorary mention of Aeclectic - saying to check out this site with some examples of fairy art in tarot.

The article is a good read and it immediately made me think of the Fairy Lights deck which I have come back to again recently. Really, I think this is the most atmospheric and intuitive fairy deck out there. And you get a sense from the article that the art of this deck is part of a very long tradition.

Worth reading.

bessiedunlop

There is a wonderful article in the newspaper today; Why I love Fairy Painting, and if you scroll down to the comments section, there is an honorary mention of Aeclectic - saying to check out this site with some examples of fairy art in tarot.

The article is a good read and it immediately made me think of the Fairy Lights deck which I have come back to again recently. Really, I think this is the most atmospheric and intuitive fairy deck out there. And you get a sense from the article that the art of this deck is part of a very long tradition.

Worth reading.

Thank you Le Fanu, the article is a very good one and I love Richard Dadd's work. Surely the Victorian diminutive, but somehow disquieting fairies influenced this wonderful deck. I'm wondering if a Rackham inspired deck is going to be realized soon or later.
I've been reading quite a lot this summer with this deck and I'm always surprised by the reaction of people: some love it, others say that the nocturnal imagery (for example The Star (!!!)) is disturbing. I'm on the contrary very intrigued by the way in which fairies and insects (like bees in the Nine of Wands) are mingled, challenging the reader to be able to change the perspective on things and appearances.