fairy lights tarot ♡

MagsStardustBlack

So i have had it for a few months now and i am just in absolute adoration of this masterpiece. I looooove it soooo much. Am i the only one? This is the only deck i would buy a spare copy of, it is the only deck i have thought id better had get a spare because what if something happens to it or it goes out of print or anything could happen, id better get 2 or 3, how many do i need to last my whole life?

I want to lovingly adore this deck forever. I had thought to start doing processional readings, but just didn't feel simpatico with any one deck.... until now (deep smiling sigh). I love it when something goes right.

Just this week my free range bunny broke into into my greenhouse, scaled shelves and dangerous obstacles to reach and eat my entire spring garden supplies :( He makes out he is dopey but he is a criminal mastermind rabbit!

But it's ok, because my Fairy Lights Tarot is amazing :)

Le Fanu

What on earth are "processional readings"? I imagine some sort of Fairy Troupe marching into the forest...

I too love this deck, love its abstraction its totally-not-RWS-ness. It's moody skies and daubed, dripping watercolour atmospheres. There is nothing quite like it.

I actually have two copies...

MagsStardustBlack

What on earth are "processional readings"? I imagine some sort of Fairy Troupe marching into the forest...

I too love this deck, love its abstraction its totally-not-RWS-ness. It's moody skies and daubed, dripping watercolour atmospheres. There is nothing quite like it.

I actually have two copies...
A type of reading tarot cards, that I have envisioned, from a personal perspective, relating to my own personal goals, which incorporate my readings into a spiritual context within my sacred circle and on a solitary bases for proceeding ritualistic ceremonies connecting with the energies of the faeries realm to help me hear the messages of the present......... If that makes sense :)

It was a spelling error if I'm honest ;)
Your very on point Le Fanu, are you a Fae man? You seem to know the craic :)

You seem to see the deck as I do, just exquisite, very tangible are these gateway's. This deck feels epic, unlimited is the possibilities in the immersion into the scenes.

Mags xx

Le Fanu

You seem to see the deck as I do, just exquisite, very tangible are these gateway's. This deck feels epic, unlimited is the possibilities in the immersion into the scenes.
Yes, that's it. I agree. It is a wonderful deck - very diaphanous and airy and insubstantial, truly fae. It's partly to do with the medium (watercolour?) which gives it this blurry wash that makes it very easy to feel "immersed" and to lose yourself.

MagsStardustBlack

Yes, that's it. I agree. It is a wonderful deck - very diaphanous and airy and insubstantial, truly fae. It's partly to do with the medium (watercolour?) which gives it this blurry wash that makes it very easy to feel "immersed" and to lose yourself.

Yes i dare say it is attributed to the watercolours. Iv used these paints and the way you build up lawyer upon layer, each time adding texture with different brushes of other tools I think, because of this, this deck would be very good for clairvoyant or psychic readings. If the cards were bigger you could even scry in them i bet.

I am pairing them all up right now. To see the whole painting as she started out with originally.

Le Fanu

You know I haven't done the pairing thing. I just want them to fall naturally together - I'll know them when I see them! Lovely deck.

Wintergreen

The Fairy Lights is one of my favourites.

I sometimes pull out the paired card after having put down the spread. It often reveals surprising relationships.

Does anyone know why or how the artist selected the cards to be paired?

RunningWild

Too bad she doesn't explain if the choices were random, or if the scenes were chosen with intention before painting.

Somewhere there is another discussion about that but I couldn't remember where, and it may be that I found it on Lo Scarabeo's site, but I seem to remember reading that the artist was given the task of placing two cards (chosen at random or decided by someone else I don't know) together in one cohesive painting. I could be wrong. I'm sure if you did some searching you could find out easily enough.