Feminine decks that are not focused on motherhood?

lalalibra

I guess my question about Ludy Lescot was do you find it to be a downer? I want to get Initiatory of the Golden Dawn, which is the same artist as Ludy Lescot, so I do like the artist/work quite a bit. I also like the whole New Orleans thing, but I worry how it will make me feel. Especially because some people say this deck has creepy child like clowns too.

Well hmm, I tend to feel quite drawn to the Ludy Lescot when I am feeling down actually, and I find it helps. But I enjoy the deck at other times as well (when I am in a better mood I mean). Personally, I find this deck intellectually stimulating rather than one for pushing me back into emotional wallowing. Very poetic and philosophical LWB too. I certainly don't find the imagery to be disturbing or upsetting in any way. Instead of getting creeped out, it evokes my curiosity. So many different ways of looking at the images, it's one that I won't tire of.

But it is a darker deck, and so it can help us to relate back to our own painful emotions or memories (which is a good thing, bringing up things in need of healing - what is dormant within ourselves is what's getting us down; the experience with the deck brings it up to be integrated and released... I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here though lol). The emotional charge in the imagery make this a more feminine deck for me (for reaching into the unconscious). I consider it to be a really powerful deck in that way. But it doesn't leave it at that... the tone of the guidance that I get through this deck is far from "doom and gloom." I find it's voice quite honest and empowering. It even has a sense of humor at times. I'd never want it out of my collection. I too love the New Orleans old-timey theme. I really enjoy the atmosphere of this deck.

It's really so very subjective though. Almost more so with the Ludy Lescot than with a lot of other decks I think. It has a mystery/horror vibe to it, and just as some may enjoy such films or even laugh at them, other may flinch and be unable to stomach it. I would say that the images are intense enough to be very serious and somber, and yet the style/theme is one where you can step back and take it with a light heart if that's what's appropriate for you. I do either depending on where I am at the moment.

G6

Well hmm, I tend to feel quite drawn to the Ludy Lescot when I am feeling down actually, and I find it helps. But I enjoy the deck at other times as well (when I am in a better mood I mean). Personally, I find this deck intellectually stimulating rather than one for pushing me back into emotional wallowing. Very poetic and philosophical LWB too. I certainly don't find the imagery to be disturbing or upsetting in any way. Instead of getting creeped out, it evokes my curiosity. So many different ways of looking at the images, it's one that I won't tire of.

But it is a darker deck, and so it can help us to relate back to our own painful emotions or memories (which is a good thing, bringing up things in need of healing - what is dormant within ourselves is what's getting us down; the experience with the deck brings it up to be integrated and released... I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here though lol). The emotional charge in the imagery make this a more feminine deck for me (for reaching into the unconscious). I consider it to be a really powerful deck in that way. But it doesn't leave it at that... the tone of the guidance that I get through this deck is far from "doom and gloom." I find it's voice quite honest and empowering. It even has a sense of humor at times. I'd never want it out of my collection. I too love the New Orleans old-timey theme. I really enjoy the atmosphere of this deck.

It's really so very subjective though. Almost more so with the Ludy Lescot than with a lot of other decks I think. It has a mystery/horror vibe to it, and just as some may enjoy such films or even laugh at them, other may flinch and be unable to stomach it. I would say that the images are intense enough to be very serious and somber, and yet the style/theme is one where you can step back and take it with a light heart if that's what's appropriate for you. I do either depending on where I am at the moment.

Thank you for this post. This is helpful insight on this deck. :)

lalalibra

Thank you for this post. This is helpful insight on this deck. :)

Sure, I'm happy to share my opinion of this deck as it's one of my favorites, and I'm glad it could help in any way :)

Citrin

I guess my question about Ludy Lescot was do you find it to be a downer? I want to get Initiatory of the Golden Dawn, which is the same artist as Ludy Lescot, so I do like the artist/work quite a bit. I also like the whole New Orleans thing, but I worry how it will make me feel. Especially because some people say this deck has creepy child like clowns too.

I agree with lalalibra's reply; I also tend to be drawn to the Ludy Lescot when I am feeling kind of down, and I hardly use it now in the summertime because when it's light and sunny I tend to stay away from the dark decks overall. :)

But I don't feel it's a downer at all. Sometimes when it's so accurate it's creepy, and when it's super honest, it actually makes me laugh. ;) I think that's my biggest impression of this deck; that it delivers answers so very clearly and honestly.

But I do know a lot of people who find it creepy, especially The Fool (with the clown you mention lol) and the Three of Swords can really make some uncomfortable. I'd suggest you make a search on YouTube for "Ludy Lescot" (I think owlmoon513 has done one, she's awesome!)and you should find some reviews that show many cards and talk about their impression of the deck. That way it will be much easier for you to see what YOUR feeling is when you see that cards. :) Like I said, some people get freaked out, some absolutely love it (I couldn't live without the Lescot lol).

quietly

Maybe you're already familiar with this one, but reading your post, I first thought of the Enchanted Tarot/Zerner-Farber Tarot. It's gorgeously and richly decorated with the various textiles used to make the images, and I particularly like the much higher proportion of women in the minors, even though it's not specifically marketed as a female-centered deck. The female Chariot is one of my favorites. Having most of the minors as women or groups of women gives you, well, ordinary women doing ordinary life things, which I like quite a bit. The scans on Aeclectic for the Enchanted look awfully washed out and pallid compared to the actual deck, so I'd Google it for better examples, although I wouldn't mind scanning a few cards if anyone wants.

Emily

Originally Posted by Emily
I always found the Tarot of the Old Path pretty feminine.

Ancestral Path ? - not keen...

Feminine, mind, makes me think of pink frilly petticoats :D I think we are looking FEMALE here ?

No, not the Ancestral Path - the Old Path. I don't have the Ancestral Path but looking at the scans, no it's not remotely feminine.

Also the Tarot of the Mermaids features more females than men.

Madrigal

No, not the Ancestral Path - the Old Path. I don't have the Ancestral Path but looking at the scans, no it's not remotely feminine.

Also the Tarot of the Mermaids features more females than men.

It appears we all have very different definitions of 'feminine'. A lot of the decks that have been suggested here I find objectify women in just the way I'm not interested in. Ancestral Path, to me, as well as all of JCW's decks have a strong feminine energy to them which I love. It's visceral, unromantic and complex. I love her decks for that reason.

Each to her own.

Emily

After I had posted the Mermaid Tarot, I also realised that it might not be what you were looking for and all the bare breasts was the main reason I really didn't take to the deck.

The Spiral tarot always had a nice feel to it, especially with the Majors being a different style to the Minors.

gregory

It appears we all have very different definitions of 'feminine'. A lot of the decks that have been suggested here I find objectify women in just the way I'm not interested in. Ancestral Path, to me, as well as all of JCW's decks have a strong feminine energy to them which I love. It's visceral, unromantic and complex. I love her decks for that reason.

Each to her own.
That's exactly why I said female rather than feminine. But the energy of JCW's decks is a female energy I don't like :D Too moonbloody, as I said :)

Madrigal

That's exactly why I said female rather than feminine. But the energy of JCW's decks is a female energy I don't like :D Too moonbloody, as I said :)

And that's why I said each to her own ;)