Five of Swords

ArcanoMáximo

even worse!!!

I just have stayed thinking and suddenly i get a new thought: in my case this public discution is worse cause I'm gay. The meaning of this card ajust perfect for those times i have had some aloud street figths with my coupple. Specially because it is showing a two men's figth!!!And can you imagine the face expresion of the people around us?

( just for explain: i have been with my boy for a long 10 years and some time this things happen. OK, i know it, isn't politicaly correct, but those of you married can understand it, don't you?

light2000

what matters is you

For me what really matters it´s us. if you want to have a fight at the street so have it. i think that you free for doing all that we want. the only things that it´s wrong is obligate someone to do one thing that she doenst want.
" ours fredoom stop when we interfew whith the fredoom of others".
life for me is easy, the ony thing that complicates her it´s ous.
anyway, you can interpert the 5 of swords like you already have done. but i´m thinking that you complicate a lot. sometimes it´s better simplifie things.
you write so many things, that i dont know, if 5 of swords came out at your game how you give a mean at it?
you say: you can lost, you can win, you will fell unhappy,...
so i thing you are complicating things. for me 5 of swords have ( only) a meaning and the another cards that apeearence next to it helps to give another point of view.

ArcanoMáximo

sorry !!!

light2000: i just was saying something, giving an idea about the meaning of the third person in the card, this thread is not about it? Then i have used an example, no more. Sorry if i was boring you!!!
Also have to say that i never WANT to have a " street figth". I was refering me to a situation in wich i have lived the 5 Swords atmosphere. I guess no one want this in her life, like other things that just Happens.
I can't agree with you, at least in my experience i never can simplifie things in Tarot work. For me 5 of swords have A LOT of meanings (like all the cards) and it depends on what is focusing the spread, the question, the position. In other thread have said that some time i see a cemetery escene, the relatives crying and the firts putting crosses (the swords) in the grave/s. And the querent agree!!! I have to say too that i ever ask my client to help me clear the mean. Some times i ask them, in this case: There is another person here, do you recognize her?
And i agree with you there, i ever take a look to the other cards, and try to see some thing that may be related but no ever in the general mean of the card, may be for example in some object that return to appear or change, or in this case if this third person is in another card. Just only me do that?

shandar

Middle Figure

After all the good posts, this is tough. Look at his body language of the figure. He isn't looking at the broken man in the rear, he appears to me to be looking out at the mountains. He has slung his jacket over his shoulder and is, so to speak, folding his tent and heading off. There is no doubt in my mind that he has been vanquished as well, he just accepts it better. He is poised, but looks like he is heading toward his friend in the rear - right leg and foot moving toward him.

The winner, instead of being valiant in victory, is just loving his victory. What a sleaze. But someone who takes winning like this doesn't have what it takes over the long haul. The two in the rear will overcome in the future.

Shandar

shandar

Light 2000

Thanks for your insight. I believe you are right. We view the cards based upon what we are feeling at the moment, instead of taking a few steps back and looking at the whole scene.

I just got the 5 and the 7 swords in a spread. What does that mean?

Shandar

shandar

ArcanoMáximo

Just me, but I think Light was speaking to our being too close to the reading when we need to take a step back and look at it in relation to the other cards.

Shandar

mike001

shandar said:
I just got the 5 and the 7 swords in a spread. What does that mean?

Shandar
well looks to me the querent may have defeted someone, the defeated person is stealing from the querent to get even?? just my opinion with a 5 and 7 swords.. make any sense?? or could be vis versa (other way around)

Sulis

Shandar, what were the positions? Or better still, why not post the whole reading in My Readings and see what folk have to say.

Just a quick thought - it could mean that you're involved in some sort of conflict and you're going to have to use your intellect if you want to resolve it.

Sulis xx

Emeraldgirl

I have thought that maybe this middle person was just that the guy in the middle that never wanted to be involved in the first place and now he doesn't now what to do go and comfort or go and celebrate victory so he does nothing just stares into the distance.