Getting details and depth out of your deck

Dancing Bear

I have read with one deck for a long time now.
It was the only deck i resonated with.
But now i dont seem to be getting the readings i expect..
Maybe i have changed and looking for something more.
Have any of you gone through this?
even though your readings are good , and customer happy.
You feel there could be more?
There could be more depth, More detail maybe?

I have other decks i am able to read with, but they all are seeming to give me what i already know.
Its like stating the obvious. I feel like saying "Um der!" Tell me something i dont know.

I am thinking of trying out an older traditional deck or something along the lines of Kat Blacks Golden Tarot Maybe..
I do have Visconti Sforza but i am not over keen on no illustrations for pips.
I also thought about the Thoth.. i have an old greeny and they seem to be way too large for my hands and i am extremly hesitant in trimming them.
and i also dont know whether i will get Crowleys images. Even though they
are lovely.

I want to be able to look into the cards and see something, I want them to talk to me. Not tell me something i already know.

Have any of you had this? and what deck broke this stage for you?

Richard

Dancing Bear said:
.....I do have Visconti Sforza but i am not over keen on no illustrations for pips.....
I changed from Rider-Waite to Marseille-tyoe decks. It is not rocket science to use a numerological system for the pips, and it frees one from the straitjacket of illustrated pips. However, I'm not a professional, so you may have different requirements.

ncharge

All the time! I used a standard RWS for more than 10 years and this was my biggest complaint toward the end. Then, my son bought me the Archeon, and I suddenly went from reading "by the book" to intutively. The details started to come. I am still working at improving details, but for me the intuitive readings resolved my issues. Now, I can get the same level of detail with the RWS. I'm wondering if simply changing decks would have helped.

nisaba

DB, have you ever read a chapter in a book where the author used one word (say ... "door") over and over, until the word seemed stripped of meaning, and just sat on the page looking at you uncomfortably?

This can happen with Tarot images. You've just looked at them too damn often, and they've lost meaning, through no fault of yours or the deck's. Take a break from the deck - it'll come back later.

Dancing Bear

nisaba said:
DB, have you ever read a chapter in a book where the author used one word (say ... "door") over and over, until the word seemed stripped of meaning, and just sat on the page looking at you uncomfortably?

This can happen with Tarot images. You've just looked at them too damn often, and they've lost meaning, through no fault of yours or the deck's. Take a break from the deck - it'll come back later.

That makes absolutely loads of sense Nisaba! Thanks!!!

I found another deck i may be able to get into for the time being "steele wizard"
Just a bit different to the decks i normally choose.

Thanks everyone else for trying to help and sharing your experiences.
as i mentioned above, I am going to change decks, But a deck that i wouldnt normally go for. Something with magic , wizards, unicorns all that sort of stuff..

Sinduction

The deck that broke it for me was the Transparent.

However, I only use it to read for myself. For other people I use other decks. Sometimes I will pick out a few decks I haven't read with in awhile. I like to keep rotating those ones so I get to use all of mine.

But the Transparent is all mine! :D

Dancing Bear

But the Transparent is all mine!
My precious!! LOL!

Well today I wsa rang to do a reading, it was unexpected, and i panicked a bit thinking what deck shall i use?
Buckland Romani was actually in the bag i use for readings. ( twilight music starts to play) LOL!
Well anyway I read with it, and viola!! I have my mojo back!!
It was a Brilliant reading even though i still dont get all the symbolism in the deck. The reading turned out just fine.
So it looks like the deck chose me :D

Gonna have to hunt down the book now and see if i cant refine my knowledge behind the symbolism in this deck now ;)

Thankyou so much everyone for all of your help, It really did help :D

Dancing Bear

But the Transparent is all mine!
My precious!! LOL!

Well today I wsa rang to do a reading, it was unexpected, and i panicked a bit thinking what deck shall i use?
Buckland Romani was actually in the bag i use for readings. ( twilight music starts to play) LOL!
Well anyway I read with it, and viola!! I have my mojo back!!
It was a Brilliant reading even though i still dont get all the symbolism in the deck. The reading turned out just fine.
So it looks like the deck chose me :D

Gonna have to hunt down the book now and see if i cant refine my knowledge behind the symbolism in this deck now ;)

Thankyou so much everyone for all of your help, It really did help :D

nisaba

Dancing Bear said:
I want to be able to look into the cards and see something, I want them to talk to me. Not tell me something i already know.

Have any of you had this? and what deck broke this stage for you?
I don't think ti was a deck that did it for me. I think it was a process of becoming comfortable, and learning to put my mouth on automatic and just gabble along without paying too much attention to what I said.

Dancing Bear

Yes I get, the mouth in automatic pilot thing. LOL!
I did it today. YAY!
It use to do it with the other deck, but i looked at it blankly. wondering what the hell to say.

i think it could have been me after all.. I was just a bit stale with the old deck and life. with a load of stress with my old Pop who has the startings of dementia, and him making life difficult for everyone, didnt help out at all. LOL!

I guess getting house into order, letting go of things that are out of my control. relaxing a bit more than usual has really helped.
I havent tried the old deck, which has a soft silky velvety feel these days. :) i know i will pull out again sometime soon ;)