how many spread cloths have you got?

Le Fanu

Here goes; one of those pointless but fun threads which everyone likes answering!

How many spreadcloths have you got? I have

A big square black velvet one (1.5 metres square?) which covers a large table
A hemmed square of blue shot silk which shimmers purple
A "mass-produced" esoteric-themed one; blue with "spooky" gold Alchemy/Magick symbols on it
A gold and burgundy brocaded napkin (for my BG Silver)
A small "5-card spread size" square of dark green velvet (for my VR Gold)
A big square of dark green velvet (same material) for everything else
A small black silk square (3-card spread size) in my drawer at work

Some of you probably have hundreds, but which are the ones you use the most? I refrained from calling this thread "Top Ten spread cloths" :D :D

Milfoil

None

Never occurred to me that I needed one but then I don't tend to read for others on a regular basis.

:)

I did have an idea a few years back, to make a circular reading cloth which doubled as a bag but never got around to it.

214red

i love pointless!

None, never seen the need for them really

lark

I have lots..I tend to like to do different color schemes for my tables.

*Red oriental

*black velvet with beads

*lavender paisley

*blue tie-dye sarong

*green tie-dye sarong

*black with butterflys for spring

*brown patterned sarong

*burnt orange sarong

*smaller black spread cloth I made out of peach cloth very soft and flippy doesn't wrinkle and is heavy, so stays down nice.

***3 from tarot totes..trees, leaves and stars

*I made these great ones with a pocket on front you put your cards in the pocket then it folds into a nice compact shape and ties or snaps closed.
Made a green pattern, green leaves. and a watery blue one.

*Made a seashell one with matching bag for my ocean oracle...doesn't deserve it nasty, harsh deck...:(

*big blue one with a sun pattern in the middle.

*my favorite stays on my tarot table at home it's light aqua wih litlle purple dragon flies on it.

*a white one I got with my Transparent Tarot.

* I think I still have the one that came with the Tarot of Paris...haven't seen that one in awhile have to hunt for it. Pretty useless as a spread cloth though...better for a card wrapper.

That's all I can remember for now...might be others learking in the back of the closet I forgot about.

edit: * oh I forgot my patchwork gypsy fabric one..it's velvet with lots of embroidery on it...burgundys and deep blue patches...I made this one too.
I like to hunt for unusual fabric.

I probably wouldn't have this many only I work at fairs so they expect us to present a nice table...so to keep it interesting I like to do up my table in different fabrics and colors.
At home i just read at my tarot table with the dragonfly cloth.

Le Fanu

Wow, lark! :bugeyed: such riches!

ScaryFairy

Spread cloths?
Erm.
None.

faunabay

I was going to say none, then realized I do have a couple. Obviously ones that I never use. LOL

But lark reminded me I do have the white one that came with my transparent. I guess I just don't think of it as a spread cloth. :p It's just part of the deck. :laugh:

And I do have one I made years ago. It's a burgandy velvet on top and black (fake) silk on the back. I really like the colors but it's just not quite big enough. So I stopped using it a long time ago.

Grizabella

I have three or four. I don't ever use one, though.

I have a Halloween one that Desert Garden made for me for an exchange.

I have a Victorian crazy quilt one that was a collaboration between AJ and I that I still need to finish. It's for my Victorian Romantic deck.

And a Christmas crazy quilt one that AJ made for me that I'm not sure I'll ever get finished at this rate.

And I have one that franniee made for me in an exchange.

I've also got a couple of scarves that were given to me that would work for spread cloths.

That's it, though, as far as I can remember.

Marcia959

I don't have any! I like to read on wood for some reason or at least touching some wood (feet on a wood floor or cards on a wooden table). If no wood, I think my next choice would be silk.

firefrost

I have a few that I never use.

The one I do turn to when I have the need is one I had especially made. It's black velvet on one side and gold silk on the other. I treat myself about five years ago and paid £35 for it!