Gilded Reverie Lenormand

GryffinSong

Amanda, and anyone else whose budgets are tight (like mine!), this beautiful deck is available as an iPad app. Of course if you don't have an iPad this doesn't help you, but I LOVE seeing the cards in such a large and bright format, and the extra cards are in the app. You can choose to leave all in the deck, or choose which pairs to leave in. Its lovely! Its also got a journal feature and such. I love using it.

kalliope

Amanda, and anyone else whose budgets are tight (like mine!), this beautiful deck is available as an iPad app. Of course if you don't have an iPad this doesn't help you, but I LOVE seeing the cards in such a large and bright format, and the extra cards are in the app. You can choose to leave all in the deck, or choose which pairs to leave in. Its lovely! Its also got a journal feature and such. I love using it.

Just wanted to add that it is available for Android phones and tablets too. :)

GryffinSong

Just wanted to add that it is available for Android phones and tablets too. :)

Excellent news! I hate it when a deck is only available on one platform and not the other!

bigcaat

I just bought the iPad app and I'm sorry I did. You pay $5 for an app, it should work horizontally. This app only works horizontally in some positions and vertically in others. It's not that it will change when you turn your iPad.

For instance, to look at the menu, you *have* to look at it vertically. To do a reading you *have* to look at it horizontally. It's bullspit. That's really expensive for an app, let alone one that doesn't have full iPad functionality. I wish I could get my money back. Be forewarned.

GryffinSong

Oh, that's a shame. I haven't played with it enough to have noticed that, having only used it to look at the cards. My favorite apps are the ones by The Fool's Dog. They flip around whichever way you like, and I like the features.

My suggestion ... suggest that feature to Ciro and hope for an update to the app. I believe he hired his own engineer, and this is important feedback.

Melia

While your art alone is tempting to have just another Lenormand deck, I was really hoping for U.S. Games to include those extra significator cards in order to do same-sex readings. :(

This is an old post, but I wanted to say that I absolutely agree with this. I use an extra significator card often too, and I have passed up decks that don't have the 2 extra cards.

cirom

The reason that the app functions in this way is to maximize the screen size. An individual card is vertical in proportion, a Grand Tableau is horizontal. So yes it may be an inconvenience to have to rotate the tablet, but that is a deliberate correspondence of having the graphics appear in their fullest and size. Alternatively, if an individual card were displayed within a horizontal screen it would have to be displayed at about 60% of that optimum size. A similar scenario for the readings. Can you imaging what a grand tableau spread would look like it were forced into a vertical screen. The cards would have to be almost half the size in order for the full spread to fit and then you would have wasted empty screen above and below. I'm sorry if you feel that this approach renders the app questionable in value and you have wasted your $5. I'm quite happy to pass on this feedback to my technical partner and review the possibility of the user being able to override the default orientation in a future upgrade. But I feel our initial rational is a logical one, and results in images that are larger and clearer than most other apps, not to mention the other features and functionality that are included.

cirom

This is an old post, but I wanted to say that I absolutely agree with this. I use an extra significator card often too, and I have passed up decks that don't have the 2 extra cards.

I'm pleased to hear that you (and others apparently are using the extra cards) however at the time of my producing this deck, the jury was out on such personal and contemporary tweaking with tradition. I received contradictory feedback as to the worth and relevance of many aspects including these additional cards. Nevertheless, as this was initially aimed at a relatively small and principally collectors market who I assumed would be more than familiar with Lenormand, I went ahead and included the extra images anyway. But did so in such a way that they could be discarded and the user could simply continue with just the core and traditional 36. As it turns out, many people seem to have actually embraced them which is very satisfying, but also a little surprising. Then after the fact, when US Games approached me with the proposal of a mass published version of what I had initially intended as a special edition project, I decided that it would be more appropriate that the mass produced version should be just the standard 36, thus avoiding confusion to any newbies. If I were an expert on Lenormand I might have felt more comfortable with the idea of presenting a modified system to the masses, but i'm not, so I didn't. The other reason was that I felt it important to maintain a distinct difference between the two versions. These decisions may prove to have been wrong from some points of view ???? but either way this was my reasoning.

bigcaat

The reason that the app functions in this way is to maximize the screen size. An individual card is vertical in proportion, a Grand Tableau is horizontal. So yes it may be an inconvenience to have to rotate the tablet, but that is a deliberate correspondence of having the graphics appear in their fullest and size. Alternatively, if an individual card were displayed within a horizontal screen it would have to be displayed at about 60% of that optimum size. A similar scenario for the readings. Can you imaging what a grand tableau spread would look like it were forced into a vertical screen. The cards would have to be almost half the size in order for the full spread to fit and then you would have wasted empty screen above and below. I'm sorry if you feel that this approach renders the app questionable in value and you have wasted your $5. I'm quite happy to pass on this feedback to my technical partner and review the possibility of the user being able to override the default orientation in a future upgrade. But I feel our initial rational is a logical one, and results in images that are larger and clearer than most other apps, not to mention the other features and functionality that are included.
That may be, but it should be my choice. Turning it back and forth is a real pain. If there were an override option, that would make a lot of difference. This way, I won't even open it.

cirom

That may be, but it should be my choice. Turning it back and forth is a real pain. If there were an override option, that would make a lot of difference. This way, I won't even open it.

It never occurred to me that someone would prefer to see the imagery at a considerably smaller size than need be just to avoid rotating the tablet. Personally I don't consider that to be a "real Pain" and as far as I'm aware no one else (certainly very few) have felt it to be that big an issue in the overall scheme of things. The same issue applies to my other apps so we are talking a few thousand users most of whom I believe are quite satisfied... Nevertheless I respect your personal opinion, and as I said if its not too difficult to modify I will consider doing so in a future update. The whole medium of apps is a relatively new and dynamic one. Getting the Cinderella perfect combinations of features and user interaction is a moving and subjective target. Its regrettable that you choose not to use the app based on this one perceived inconvenience, after all the app does do what its supposed to, and does it well, including a lot of things that others do not. But as you state, such things should be your choice.