Gilded vs. Gilded Royale?

rwcarter

Another reason to go with the Royale over the regular is newer printings of the regular have horrible cardstock. I'm fortunate enough to have early printings of both the Gilded and Easy Tarot kits, so have the nicer/sturdier cardstock.

Rodney

ghost271

Personally im not a fan of the Gilded but love the Royale. I havent read with it yet as its more for collectors sake.

shadowdancer

Well, I have to go with an earlier comment by Rodney.

Mine has only just arrived but you can see how Ciro has really come into his own with this re-working. I fully understand what he was trying to say when he cited this was the deck he wanted to make but didn't have the tools to do so 10 years ago.

It is just so luxurious. You feel a kind of reverence when you look at the cards, and it is hard to explain why. It is not just the gilt edging, which always seems to make a deck look classy - especially if it has black borders to begin with.

The size is fantastic. It has a meaty, weighty feel to the deck, so you know you are not handling something flimsy and disposable.

I have it alongside his Gilded Reverie (US Games edition) and it looks a fantastic pairing. His artwork is readily identifiable and is of a standard, many can only dream of achieving.

With regards the comparison between the two?? If you have the funds, and want a deck that really does feel 'special' I would just go with the Royale. If funds are an issue (which I would fully understand) you will still have a worthwhile deck with the Gilded, but it is not as rich with regards imagery and content in comparison.

G6

I have the gilded from the Easy Tarot and I don't use/like it. The card stock is cheap and the images I liked online just don't do it for me in this version. I will likely re-gift it with the Easy Tarot book.