greetings

vickik

hello, i am new here and just learning about tarot and the like. i am very much interested, and i wanted to ask if there is any advice i could have for starting out. anything you would like to say would be much appreciated. :)

i also wanted to say, that im very highly sensitive to energy for some reason. like, if im with someone, and they have a headache, i get a headache too. it was real bad when i was with my sister and she fell and hurt her knee, because my knee started to hurt too. she thought it was odd, and i told her that i have this problem whenever im around someone, like i take on their (feelings? energy? not sure what the right word is). it's not only negative things, but positive things too. i can tell if someone is really happy or upset or any other kind of emotion.

anyway, my sister told me that she talked to a spiritualist about me, and she said that i needed to have some kind of protection. i wanted to ask what can i do for protection? as again, any and all information would be most helpful. :)

thank you again so much.

jade

the word you are looking for is empath. that's when you sense others feelings like you are :)

protection. i would suggest you wrap yourself in white light, from the tip of your toes to about a foot above your head and then back down again. 3 times in total.

:)
in light,
jade

ps welcome to the forums. read read read and you will learn sooo much. and don't forget to post too!

cricket

Welcome, from another empath! :D

You're lucky. Somebody told you to get protection before something happened... if you're not careful bad things can happen. My knees were ruined because of not being protected. I don't know exactly how to explain it to you, but there's also a way to 'shut off' at least most of this ability from time to time. It takes a lot of concentration and effort. It's worthwhile to figure out how to do it, though.

jade

if you shut down your chakras before you go into crowded places it can assist you in not taking on all their stuff.

in light,
jade

ps it works for me. :)

Diana

Jade: how do you shut down your chakras, please? And also, how do you open them again?

truthsayer

marcy calhoun wrote an excellent book for empathic ppl, she calls "ultrasensitives". it's called "are you really too sensitive?"she explains the different types of sensitivity, tells you aren't alone and describes ways to survive this often harsh world. this is one of my favorite books and i can't recommend it highly enough. i think you can get it from amazon or from her website. in fact, at yahoo there used to be a support group for ultrasensitives. if not there is one for fan's of dr. elaine aaron's books for highly sensitive ppl. she has a website for her books and you can check her out at amazon. i like calhoun better b/c she is speaking from the heart. aaron uses a more intellectual approach. whatever you choose, there is bibliotherapy out there to reinforce what you are hearing from forum members.