Growing a new tarot deck...

ryfiki

Changed card... wanting specifics...

So a few of you have said that the crown needs to be removed from the skull and crossbones. The reason I put the crown in is because in the "Rider-Waite Tarot" the reaper is on top of a dead king who is passing on his crown...

I would like to know if the reasons people have for not liking the crown is because it just looks bad, or for some tarot deck based reason (the crown does not go with the death cards meaning... it varies from the definition of this particular tarot card in some way... etc.)?

I am interested in all comments, but the latter reasons are the ones I will be most interested in for changing my card designs.

Thanks again everyone for all the input!
I will be posting more cards up soon.

PS. The star/flower is one of Haeckel's radiolaria ;) no copyright and I love his stuff. Great catch! I will be integrating public domain (non-copyright) images/sketches into this deck with my own to create a new mix with many types of media (paintings, illustrations, photographs, text, etc.).

Laura Borealis

ryfiki said:
PS. The star/flower is one of Haeckel's radiolaria ;) no copyright and I love his stuff. Great catch! I will be integrating public domain (non-copyright) images/sketches into this deck with my own to create a new mix with many types of media (paintings, illustrations, photographs, text, etc.).

I thought so! I had that book from the library... so fascinating. :)

Mellifluous

I love the crown. It's one of the best things on there.

I don't think you should be changing cards based on what people say here, no matter what their 'reasons' are. They're your cards.

cronegoddess54

I agree don't change anything about your card, it is your card....it is interesting and will be exciting to see what comes next!

ryfiki

New Card

Hello all, here is my new magician card... let me know what you think!
Magician card

cronegoddess54

Wow! It is magical......