hammering for Horus

reine de saba

Did that grap you? :p

In the spirit of Alamaris' reading for the Dead (ominous chords, three dam dam daaaaaaam) I want to go read for objects in museums.

I have done entirely too much art history than is healthy, obviously, but, hey, I own my madness.

In fact, I want to read for old temple statues, first of all. There are some beautiful Sekhmets and a Horus fountain quite particularly that I want to read for.

Now, as I can't very well spread my cloth on the floor and sit crosslegged with the rabid busloads of tourists and wildeyed guardians, I will need to discreetly need to simply overturn card by card in hand.

I wonder, do I reshuffle with each question, note answer and leave it at that, or should I shuffle but once and try to form a layout once at home.

Here are some questions that I want to ask

any adjustments or observations or additions or whatever are more than welcome

Help Hammer this out: for Horus

Who are you?

What do you represent (stand for? symbolize...? would he find this language offensive?)

what was your purpose?

what is your purpose (perhaps insulting)
/hope to do/achieve/bring about now?

what is your greatest memory?

what do you need that I can do for you?

How do you see me?

What advice/wisdom/secret/lesson (are these different questions?) can you share with me

In other threads, I'll eventually take this to funerary art, but to that can be applied a variation of a past life spread. More help will be needed when I will be reading for daily usage artefacts (necklace, game, writing implement, suit of armor) and then trickiest of all, places (architect? owner? greatest event????). Again, those are other threads.

The temple statues I may well be doing by Tuesday next.

Any ideas?

hammerhammerping

saba

rwcarter

Since you're reading for the object that represents something or someone (in this case Horus) and not for the actual person or thing, I think your questions need to come from a different perspective. Reading for a statue that represents Horus should have a different focus than reading for Horus directly. Similarly, reading for a copy of the Mona Lisa should have a different focus than reading for the original painting. (I guess I'm not one of those people who believes that a representation of something is as good as the real thing.)

If your intent was to ask Horus himself these questions, your focus needs to change. You don't ask a god your first three questions, lest you want to be smote where you stand....

FTR I'm using the Ancient Egyptian Tarot right now and you'll probably recognize my avatar (well, at least until I change it somewhere down the road).

reine de saba said:
Who are you?
I'd probably ask something like "What is your purpose here, at this time?" since you're asking a representation and not Horus himself.

reine de saba said:
What do you represent (stand for? symbolize...? would he find this language offensive?)
What aspect of Horus did you represent when you were created? (Horus had many guises and represented different things at different times.) A more interesting question might actually be a statement - "Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know otherwise."

reine de saba said:
what was your purpose?
I don't have a problem with "What was your purpose?" as long as you're asking the statue what it's purpose was and not asking Horus himself what his purpose was. You should probably append "when you were made" to that statement since you next ask "What is your purpose now?"

reine de saba said:
Again, as long as you're asking the representation and not Horus himself, I don't have any issues with the general idea of this question. "What is your purpose now?" is a perfectly valid question.

reine de saba said:
what is your greatest memory?
Question is fine as long as you realize the answer refers to the statue's greatest memory and not Horus' greatest memory.

reine de saba said:
what do you need that I can do for you?
I'm not sure about this question. On the one hand, I hope you don't get the 7 Swords or you might find yourself in a whole lot of trouble! :laugh: On the other hand, I might rephrase as something like, "How can I aid you in your current purpose?"

reine de saba said:
How do you see me?
:!:Oh my:!: That's a loaded question. Are you really prepared for that answer?

reine de saba said:
What advice/wisdom/secret/lesson (are these different questions?) can you share with me
Advice is something you should know. Wisdom is something the statue has learned that may be of use to you (even if you don't realize it at the time). Secret is something you don't know and is more in line with my more interesting rewritten second question as a statement. Lesson is something you need to know. So, yeah, those are four different things. :)

reine de saba said:
The temple statues I may well be doing by Tuesday next.

Any ideas?
You'll have to post how it turns out!

Rodney

reine de saba

bang bang ping

Rodney

Thanks so much for your very helpful insight. I took a few days to take it all in.

We're certainly on the same page that I am reading for the statue, rather then a direct face to face with Horus himself. Except -and maybe you could tell me- I always figured that the statue, especially in Egypt which so influenced Plato and the iconodule orthodox Christianity in turn, *was* in some sense, partook of the essence of, the Idea, the thought/form represented.

I know very little about the Egyptians, but over the past year and with a certain growing insistence, they seem to be nudging at my consciousness. My excursions in the Louvre are generally medieval-renaissance, but that hankering led me to the Egyptian wing a few months ago and I fell crazy in love with this statue.

(here's a bad photo or three:
http://www.galerie.roi-president.com/photo-21-20-musee+du+louvre+antiquites+egyptienne.html

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/anciennegypte/site6/galerielouvre/horus.html

http://www.voyagesphotosmanu.com/dieu_horus.html)

So I appreciate your engaging with this in the spirit with which it was offered. I may do this tomorrow, or perhaps next week if I'm feeling in anyway not up to it. Thus, agreeing with your perspective, I will probably borrow your adjustings wholesale,

(UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE CHIMES IN : HINT HINT)

On the other hand

Your thought on my first question Who are you: point taken, for asking directly to a God, but your suggestion for change

"What is your purpose here, at this time?"

resembles what I was getting at with

What then might be a general icebreaker, as it were?

As for the

How do you see me?

I picked it off of Alamaris's Readings for the Dead. It seemed like a good idea at the time. And there are no slobbering earthworms in my deck. But it's true, he could find a way to reply by blowing me to smithereens. Anything thatt I really want to know from him would be culled by the last grouping of questions, that I will phrase seperately.

Now, to decide for a reshuffle for each question or only one? Or two- with the break coming I would imagine before the Secret/Wisdom/lesson questions

If one decides on a single 'spread' I'll let the card/answers themselves shape the layout, with any internally implied "riming" of thought/forms in the imagery.

Thanks again so much for your highly useful input; Hope to hear from you
*and anyone else*
before I go Into the Temple
Again, I could put it off till next week or so.

:royal:
saba

Acacia

I find your plan fascinating. And look forward to hearing about the readings you do.

I would like to address your question re. are you asking the God or the statue. I believe it depends on your energetic connection to the statue. In my personal experience the statues can, and do, contain an energetic connection to the God, but it's not always "turned on". I visited a traveling Egyptian exhibit in Seattle some years ago, and the Sekhmet statue was activated, very much alive. But when visiting another exhibit in Vancouver BC the statues did not seem to contain the archetype as strongly. When I was in Egypt I experienced the statues and temples vibrating with energy when we visited before opening time. Once the tourist throngs appeared their energies went somewhat dormant or at least were more contained.

The statues were created to be activate in a certain space and time, since they have been removed from their native soils they are not as clearly connected as they were. And now that the ceremonies no longer take place even in situ they may not be active.

When you visit Horus, what is your energetic experience? Is it stronger at a certain time of day? Does a crowded gallery help or hinder the connection? All things to take into account, I believe.

I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Karen

dinah1

Wow - can't wait to see your readings. I am of the view that the statue will go direct to Horus' energy as it was made in his honour. But it can also hold the maker's energy too as well as that of any 'keepers'. There could be many layers on ancient artifacts - I think you would need to make it very clear who, which or what you direct your questions to - and ask if they mind first... It could be rather like a form of psychometry?

Ummm... I think I would make sure I was very well wrapped in light and protection and surrounded by guides first though. :love:

reine de saba

Horusday?

Wow! my insane project seems to have captured some fancies

Last night was spent throwing spreads for one friend with two bottles of wine between us till two in the morning and I have the fuzzy brain today to prove it.

I have an engagement until the afternoon and then I'll see if I'm up to snuff: good point Dinah about light and guides. Light I can do but I've never really looked into guides. My time on this site has been the first time I've ever really heard people discussing this phenomenon. Can Gordon come protect me?

Karen, I loved your descriptions of statues workings and the "activation" of it. I would agree 10/10. It is also the first week in June and there may be a ready stream of modern day pilgrims lining up to have their pixel icons taken with him. Not very productive for my project, if so.

My feeling? just incredibly attracted to that statue, bowled over by its beauty. Nothing I've been able to really put a finger on. I'm hoping that comes out in the reading.
I'll head out there at least and see what energies are in the air

thanks for popping in, all, and I'll tell you one way or another how it goes

:royal:
saba

dinah1

reine de saba said:
Can Gordon come protect me?

saba
I'll send Howard (Howie to his friends) my last greyhound (now in spirit) as he will be far more use than Gordon who is very earthly (bless). He was/is an amazing healer and very attuned to things mystical and spiritual. He's big and stripey like a tiger. :Love:

rwcarter

saba,

Sorry for dropping off the planet but life exploded for a few days....

reine de saba said:
Rodney

Thanks so much for your very helpful insight. I took a few days to take it all in.

We're certainly on the same page that I am reading for the statue, rather then a direct face to face with Horus himself. Except -and maybe you could tell me- I always figured that the statue, especially in Egypt which so influenced Plato and the iconodule orthodox Christianity in turn, *was* in some sense, partook of the essence of, the Idea, the thought/form represented.
You're quite welcome. I do believe that the statue is a representation of Horus and therefore has some of his energy. But if your goal were to dialog directly with Horus, you could do so without using the statue as a point of focus.

Plus as Acacia and dinah1 were getting at, identical statues that were created at the same time could have completely different energies because of the divergent paths that they've taken through the millennia.... And those different energies could affect the answers you get.

reine de saba said:
Your thought on my first question Who are you: point taken, for asking directly to a God, but your suggestion for change

"What is your purpose here, at this time?"

resembles what I was getting at with

What then might be a general icebreaker, as it were?
Yes, I know they are similar. But I responded to the parts of your post as I got to them and then didn't go back and edit when I saw that I was repeating myself.

As for an icebreaker, I usually try to stay away from Yes/No questions, but some form of "Is this a good time for me to speak with you?" or "May I have an audience with you?" is a great icebreaker question. Do you really want to do the interview if Horus/the statue isn't in the mood?

reine de saba said:
Now, to decide for a reshuffle for each question or only one? Or two- with the break coming I would imagine before the Secret/Wisdom/lesson questions
I'm of a split mind on this question. Part of me thinks, "Sure. Why not?" and part of me thinks, "That's silly." If you generally reshuffle between questions, then you should do the same here. If you don't, then why is this reading different from any other reading?

reine de saba said:
If one decides on a single 'spread' I'll let the card/answers themselves shape the layout, with any internally implied "riming" of thought/forms in the imagery.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm guessing you're going to note what card you draw in answer to each question and then when you have more time/space you'll actually lay the cards out and interpret them. Right? Especially with people milling about, I know I would be too distracted to focus on interpreting the answers I got to my questions.

Are you going to use an Egyptian deck when you do the interview?

Rodney

reine de saba

Horus stood me up. Or someone kidnapped him from me.

Off on a loan, I had to console myself, but there was, Sekhmet, Amoun-Ra, and a Sphinx- and honestly the last two fairly lept out at me, saying "ME" almost as though it had been so long since they had been able to speak perhaps.

I felt more grabbed and commanded to do a reading than asking permission for an audience, and so too a very good feeling from them and the readings (though Howie was with me even walking from here in the Underwood to the Metro). That is, nonetheless, a lovely icebreaker Rodney and will use it, next time, for Isis and Nephtys, and Horus when he's back.

And no, I have no Egyptian deck. I read with my LS Estensi, as I only got my second deck
(Nigel Jackson http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=100074)
the same day, and wanted to be as at home as possible witth my reading. This nagging at me by matters Egyptian is fairly recent, though long latent. So I will be needing lots of help in the reading interpretations. I am fairly ignorant (a clear conduit? we'll look on the bright side!).

As we are all agreed here that one statue would differ from another, the trickiest was Sekhmet, as there were roughly a dozen. I might have chosen one other of her, but was lucky enough to borrow a guardian's seat (recently converted Christian who seemed to want to ask me out: this would have been a great one act play, especially the line where in front of these egyptians which he mistrusted, he threw heavily, on seeing the cross necklace 'that makes us brother and sister' Do you suppose he was channeling a pharoah? Osiris? Seth?) and so read for the one that was right next to me.

Indeed though, I read through the cards themselves rather briefly as the season still has a vast number of folks wandering around, and at least as idly curious about what I was doing as about the works. I'll be puzzling through the readings in Real Time with you all on Your Readings--

hope to see you there

and thanks for your input

:royal:,

saba

rwcarter

reine de saba said:
Indeed though, I read through the cards themselves rather briefly as the season still has a vast number of folks wandering around, and at least as idly curious about what I was doing as about the works. I'll be puzzling through the readings in Real Time with you all on Your Readings--
I found it pretty easily, but threads can fall off the first page of that forum rather quickly, so it would be helpful to include a link to it here so people can find it easier.

Rodney