Help! So much to learn

anitarae

What does Access to the Akasha mean?

Thirteen

anitarae said:
What does Access to the Akasha mean?
From Wikipedia:

Akasha is the Hindi/Sanskrit word meaning "aether" in both its elemental and mythological senses. In Hinduism it is one of the Panchamahabhuta, or "five great elements." In Neopaganism (Wicca), it is the unifying energy inherent in every living creature on the planet, and in all four elements (earth, air, water, and fire) in nature. On the pentagram, akasha is assigned to the fifth top point, and the "other" element. Essentially it is spirit: and soul,the all-encompassing spirit energy of the Goddess and God.

So Access to the Akasha would be access to the divine, the universe...etc.

However, it is likely refering to the Akashis Records which are the historical records of, well, everything. World events, thoughts, feeling, personal deeds of everyone and everything--accessed via meditation...or psychic ability or tarot cards.

Lady Orchard

it's weird that you should post that. just yesterday I was looking at readings on ebay, and somebody said they could get information from akashic records about you when doing a reading. I didn't know what this meant, so looked it up.
apparently it's like a library charting the story of your soul? all events and feelings, everything I suppose, is meant to be recorded there. so if you believe in reincarnation, then access to the akasha would allow you to find out about your past lives.
this is all I know but I hope it helps.

if anybody here has experience of accessing their akashic records then I'd be interested to read about it!!

Thirteen

Lady Orchard said:
then access to the akasha would allow you to find out about your past lives.
Not only your own past lives, but everyone else's as well. The records are "imprinted" on the Akasha. The Magician's Dictionary notes:

"In the Akashic records, found on every plane, no event, however insignificant, goes unmarked. If time be not a closed, self-repeating cycle, then the Akashic Records are of infinite length, having no beginning."

MeeWah

Anitarae: This sounds like the 'Akashic Records', a term used by the late psychic Edgar Cayce to refer to the recorded history of an individual through all the life cycles:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/about_ec/cayce_on/akashic/

Since this topic belongs in Spirituality & not Talking Tarot, it will be moved within 24 hours. The delay is a courtesy for non-Subscriber viewers because Spirituality is one of the Subscriber forums.

If interested in the Subscriber level of membership, please see here for information:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/forum/subscribe_details.shtml

~MeeWah
Co-Moderator, Talking Tarot

anitarae

MeeWah said:
Anitarae: This sounds like the 'Akashic Records', a term used by the late psychic Edgar Cayce to refer to the recorded history of an individual through all the life cycles:~MeeWah
Co-Moderator, Talking Tarot

Actually I read this in Mary Greer's Tarot for Your Self. In her writing about the High Priestess she made reference to Access to the Akasha. I appreciate all the help I've gotten from AT

MeeWah

That must be a reference to the 'hidden' knowledge (of all the ages), to which The High Priestess is thought to have access.

Agree with Thirteen that the access can be via meditation, psychic ability &/or Tarot.