High Prietress sketch

Skimo

A few majors sketches

Hi,

I don't exactly post about the creation of a new deck. Honestly, I may work about it in the future, but it's not a short term goal for me now.
I think that I will have to study tarot during at least a few years before.

But yesterday evening, an image of the high prietress has appeared in my mind.

I have done a quick sketch today.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2366/2294772038_1aa29d1178.jpg?v=0

What do you think about her?

For me, there is something. I will have to work again on it...

Sar

I liked the idea about the owl morphing into the lady.

Dean

Thats what i was seeing in the drawing a wise old owl, this could be the priestess in disguise.

I like the sketch alot.

Alta

Reminds me of The Sorceress in He-Man and She-Ra. No disrespect, I thought she was cool.

Skimo

In fact, I see it as the high prietress hiding behind an owl mask.

Marion, I didn't know the name of He-man in english, in french it was "Musclor" :-/
But I agree the sorceress is cool...

MariposAzl

I like the sketch :) I think it would be most interesting to carry that kind of theme throughout the deck.

crazymaisey

I love the sketch. I especially love the eyes. They draw you in. I also noticed the moon`s crescent in the eyes. Did you do this on purpose or is it something that just appeared when you`d finished.
I love this pic, I really do. And the owl idea is perfect.

Skimo

I don't know if the concept of animal or bird mask can be used through a whole deck (and even if I am able to draw it)...
The owl mask fit well with the nature of the high prietress and her secrets.
I will think about it.

I didn't plan to add crescent moons in the eyes, but I did it while drawing, I thought that it was the good thing to do (there is also a star above the moon in each eyes, I know it's not easy to see on the picture).

Thank you for your answers.

NightQueen

I love it!, the high priestess, the wise one! how perfect that you chose an owl, to me it looks like she is hiding behind a "mask of an owl" hiding secrets and special prophecies, I love the cresents in the eyes there is so much mystery that comes with your beautiful high priestess, leave the cresents in her eyes it looks just beautiful!

Alamaris

Oh, beautiful! What a unique concept; I love the suggestion of feathers flaring all around her. And especially the eyes. So otherworldly!