Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Ronia

Well, as I said, Saturn ruled the Lot, so there's no way a big lottery win was possible. Interestingly, though it was not the direct subject of the question, Venus also rules Taurus, the eighth House, which is associated with taxes by a number of Astrologers. The Venus conjunction to Mars and the role of Jupiter seems a good signification of you receiving a tax rebate. It's not something I would look for, given the question and even if I had, I'd probably have suggested some sort of legacy or bequest. It just shows that charts can give a lot of information, it's just realising what that information is.

Frankly, I cannot see the tax refund in this. First because it happens every year as we pay tons of taxes ahead here and we get part of them back, second because it is technically money I paid once, not a gift. Not to mention that it doesn't improve my finances much, and not in anyy future perspective. I mean it's a return of something that I already gave. I'd rather see tne professional qualification money as such or mo ey that hasn't come yet. :)

Minderwiz

Frankly, I cannot see the tax refund in this. First because it happens every year as we pay tons of taxes ahead here and we get part of them back, second because it is technically money I paid once, not a gift. Not to mention that it doesn't improve my finances much, and not in anyy future perspective. I mean it's a return of something that I already gave. I'd rather see tne professional qualification money as such or mo ey that hasn't come yet. :)

I don't want to argue the point particularly, because I've never seen the association of taxes with the eighth - which is why I said 'some Astrologers'. They are the income of the government and would be better signified by the eleventh (in this case Leo and the Sun is not a player).

However, give that the association is made, Yes the money is yours and coming back to you - You are signified by Venus and so are the taxes (if we keep to taxes as the eighth). Mars signifies your money, so it's a return of something you gave. It's not a gift but technically it belonged to the government and now it's back with you. There's no reason why a regular but indeterminate amount shouldn't be the money coming in. Personally, I agree that a sum from another source would be much better but what we want and what we get are not necessarily the same :(

I didn't exclude the professional qualification money - again there's no reason why there shouldn't be more than one source. And there's no reason why two sources should be the end of it. The only limit is that Saturn rules the Lot, so it won't be much in total.

Minderwiz

Ronia said:
Hi Minderwiz, I will pass the course. The question is if it will be successful endeavour for me - the following, the business, etc. I intend to finish it in a year. Thank you.

I did two charts, as the first was void of course. Nevertheless it had some useful information:

Chart 1
This chart has Scorpio rising, so you are signified by Mars. The chart has the consideration of the Moon being Void of Course. However, the Moon rules Cancer, which is the ninth house, so it signifies your qualification and it’s condition is relevant to the question. So continuing on:

Mars is in the eighth house of Gemini, which puts it in a house that is not conducive to business, to use Schmidt’s phrase, and given the subject of the question, that phrase is relevant. Mars has also just entered combustion. So it is badly placed and combust. It has somethings going for it but not many, it’s fast and it’s direct. To add to the problems, though, it is peregrine. So the signification is of someone who is in danger of being lost and can’t see what to do. It’s ruler, Mercury, is also in Gemini, but is ten degrees from Mars, so there is no reception. Mercury is slowing and will station retrograde four days after the chart was cast. That will change the situation a little and Mars will begin to apply to Mercury Rx. To add to Mars’ woes, he is in a partile opposition from Saturn in the second house of your finances. And Saturn is the out of sect malefic.

The Moon, which signifies the qualification, is in the sixth house of Aries. Again this is another place which is not conducive to business, though importantly, it does trine the tenth house of Leo, ruled by the Sun and it does have an exchange of exaltations with the Sun in Taurus but there is no aspect. Lilly might (though I can’t find an example) allow this as a relationship that could bring the matter to perfection, if it were between the main significators. As your question concerns the likely income and financial situation from becoming self employed, I can’t really take this as a signification of perfecting the matter.

Jupiter rules the second house of your financial substance, and Jupiter is well placed in the tenth, where it is also the triplicity ruler of the Fire signs. Jupiter is well placed and well dignified. However the aspect to the Moon is separating rather than applying. There is no aspect to Mars and the second house is afflicted by Saturn which is the out of sect malefica and is without essential dignity. Given the opposition to Mars, I have to conclude that the financial situation will not be satisfactory as a result of going self employed.

Chart 2

This chart has Cancer rising, making the Moon your significator. The Moon has just entered Taurus, its exaltation, and that places it in the eleventh house of hopes and aspirations. There it is in one of the busy places. And from there it aspects the Ascendant and the second house of substance. This is a much better start than in the last chart.

The qualification is ninth house and is ruled by Jupiter, which is in the second house of substance. So we have an immediate identification of income flows associated with the qualification. Jupiter is the benefic of sect and. from there it aspects the tenth house of career. So again this is a good sign.

The ruler of the house of career is Mars and Mars is placed in the twelfth in Gemini. From the first chart we know that Mars is under the Sun’s beams and heading further in. It is now the out of sect malefic so it’s not going to be supportive of a good outcome unless there’s a reception to one of the main significators. In the event Mars is in an opposition to Saturn in the sixth house, and Saturn is accidentally a malefic, as it is Lord 8. Also there is no reception. Mars is beginning to apply to Mercury, which is also in Gemini, allowing a generous 10 degree orb. This gives some reception, though in this case all it does is reduce the chances of the matter not perfecting by a relatively small amount.

The Moon’s next aspect will be to Venus, it’s ruler, in the Ascendant but Venus does not aspect either Mars or Jupiter, so there’s no connection with career, income, or the qualification. Venus makes no more further aspect until it changes Sign and trines Saturn (which is Lords 7&8). And just to make matters worse, as well as ruling hopes and expectations, Venus rules the fourth house of the end of the matter.

Conclusion

In both charts the significator of the qualification is either well placed, or has some dignity, so your conclusion that you’re going to achieve the qualification is borne out. In the first chart, the Moon although badly placed has a mutual reception by exaltation with the Sun, which rules the house of career and which is angular. In the second chart, the qualification is signified by Jupiter, the benefic of sect, which is placed in the second house of substance.

However neither chart shows a clear story of success. The first one has your significator in extremely poor condition and the second house of substance is afflicted by Saturn, in opposition to Mars, your significator. In the second chart. Jupiter also rules your Lot of Spirit, which is placed in the second and perhaps indcates an ability to influence the outcome (though it’s not wonderfully positioned), your significator is in much better condition and the qualification indicates some income flow but there is no clear aspect that shows it being substantial, the only good indication is that Jupiter is the benefic of sect. There is no aspect of the Moon to Jupiter, at least not before it has aspected other planets and there is no translation of light. Moreover, Mars, the significator of career is badly placed and in terrible condition.

The second chart has at least some promise, if we allow Jupiter to provide the answer without any aspect. I think that’s stretching matters and it is more likely that both charts indicate that it’s going to take a lot longer than you think. You may be better off finding a job that allows you to utilise your qualification, whilst you begin to work part time for yourself. Eventually things might change.

Attachments

• Ronia Self Employment 1.jpg
    Ronia Self Employment 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Ronia Self Employment 2.jpg
    Ronia Self Employment 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 55

Ronia

Tanks, Minderwiz. :) Time will tell, I guess. As about a job within my regular field, according to the previous horaries such was not to be seen on the horizon, so... One needs to move in another direction sometimes. I think I prefer the first chart for some reason. I'll investigate it further to see why exactly i liked it better. :0

P.S. Ah, it is probably because I use Regiomontanus and it puts the Sun on the DC and Mars in the 7th. :D

Minderwiz

I've just come across a possible boost for Chart 2. Masha'allah in On Reception allows a matter to be perfected if the Lord of the Ascendant or the Moon (whichever is stronger) is applying to a benefic in an angle, even if there is no reception and even if it is not the Lord of the quesited.

In Chart 2 the Moon is applying to Venus in the first, there's no reception but that should still count. The only issue would be the orb or lack of it. The distance is nine degrees which would be too wide in modern Astrology but using medieval semi moieties of Moon and Venus we get an orb of just over 9 degrees, so I think this would stand as an applying aspect with little doubt. It's not a manner of perfection that I've used before but if you want a crumb or even a slice of comfort, that seems to fit the bill.

Edited to add:

Yes, in Chart 1 the Sun is conjunct the Descendant using Regiomontanus, but it no longer rules the tenth. The MC is in Virgo and that makes Mercury ruler of the tenth. Mercury is in the seventh but over 15 degrees from the cusp. Moreover it is extremely slow and is about to station Rx. Mars is still out of orb, whether we use modern orbs of 8 degrees for the bodily conjunction or the traditional semi moieties 7.5 degrees.

In the longer term, there will be a conjunction but it's not the next aspect of Mars, so I think the message holds, this isn't going to deliver within the time period.

Ronia

I've just come across a possible boost for Chart 2. Masha'allah in On Reception allows a matter to be perfected if the Lord of the Ascendant or the Moon (whichever is stronger) is applying to a benefic in an angle, even if there is no reception and even if it is not the Lord of the quesited.

In Chart 2 the Moon is applying to Venus in the first, there's no reception but that should still count. The only issue would be the orb or lack of it. The distance isv nine degrees which would be too wide in modern Astrology but using medieval semi moieties of Moon and Venubs we get an orb of just over 9 degrees, so I think this would stand as an applying aspect with little doubt. It's not a manner of perfection that I've used before but if you want a crumb or even a slice of comfort, that seems to fit the bill.

When I started reading Masha'allah last year I quite liked him, I'm a fan. :) To a certain extend I liked him more than Lilly, he sounds logical to me. Now, if this particular allowance will hold or not, I don't know but a/ I have no intention to just quit, that would be plain stupid , and b/ it may take much longer, I realize that. May be I will ask again closer to the end of the studies. I have no idea if I have what it takes to have my own business.

Yes, the Regiomontanus changes the rulership, not that it brings much difference but looked a little more angular.

Minderwiz

Reading for Ethereal

hi minderwiz,

just wondering if you will still be able to look further into the question pertaining to my cousin. please let me know. much thanks!

The chart cast has Sagittarius rising, making your significator Jupiter. Jupiter is placed in Leo in the ninth house where he has dignity by Triplicity and Face, so a well dignified planet. Jupiter is Direct and swift and in a reasonable house - though it is cadent from the MC it does aspect the Ascendant quite closely. The ninth is associated with travel, both physically and spiritually. In this case the relationship with your cousing did increase but seems to have stopped.

From further research I've decided that the third house is the best for your second cousin because it deals with 'bretheren' in the widest sense, people that are related to you and of a similar age or generation. I'll double check the results of this with the fifth that I used before.

The ruler of the third is Saturn and it's placed in the first house of Sagittarius but it's retrograde and at 1 degree it's heading out of the house and into the twelfth. The twelfth also signifies travel but it's travel that brings little good or is associated with things that go wrong. For you, it is the house of sorrow and anguish - which I think is already growing strong. It's the house of ill fortune. Saturn is Peregrine though that can be relieved from 'help' from its ruler. In fact Saturn is not only in the sign of Jupiter, but also its Triplicity and Bounds. So if any help is to come it has to come from Jupiter and that is you.

There is no aspect between Jupiter and Saturn other than the weak one of a trine by Sign. Neither will the Moon affect the matter as she appears to be technically Void of Course, although neither Solar Fire or Janus calculate her as so being. That seems to be either because she has not separated from Venus by sextile or that she is applying to the MC or possibly because they have used a wide orb for the Moon. She will aspect Saturn by trine but only after changing sign. Whatever the reason, I have taken the chart as one that can be read but if the Moon is indeed Void of Course, then nothing is going to change, at least for quite some time.

Saturn leaves Sagittarius on 15 June and continues into Scorpio, retrograde. It stations direct on 2nd August and then begins to move back towards Sagittarius, which it re-enters on the 18th Septermber. So short run, I don't think anything will change. Longer term she might begin to make contact after mid September and it will be October or November before Saturn reaches the degree it occupied when communications broke down.

So be prepared for a long break but she might get back in contact in a few months.

If I had used the ruler of the fifth, Mars, he is under the beams and out of sight (a reasonable assessment of the situation) Mars remains under the beams well into June and past the sextile to Jupiter. So there might be a chance you will hear from her around the second week in June or more likely that an attempt to communicate is missed.

If the Moon is indeed Void of Course, then whichever significator I use, nothing will come of the matter as things will not change.

Attachments

• Ethereal Cousin 2.jpg
    Ethereal Cousin 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 57

Ethereal

this really made sense, minderwiz. it seems as a pattern is going on here. contact, friendly, no contact. its strange. what did you mean when you said that if any help has to come it has to come from Jupiter, and that is me. meaning I would have to be the one to break the ice, and contact her first, perhaps? and, the ill fortune, does that mean that even if I did make contact it would do little good? wow, that a long stretch, till September and looking into the fall if and when she makes contact again. I could see it happening, though. maybe june. maybe nothing happening if moon void of course. sounds about what is going on now. thank you for doing this for me!

Minderwiz

Reading for lilkei

Will I succeed in learning the lesson that ny relationship with x was supposed to teach me ?
And will i be able to make better choices in men ?

Background I met someone who I had a very strong connection with. It was instant we both felt it from the beginning. But things didn't pan out as he was not willing to commit and just too wrapped up in other things. We decided to remain friends but that also went far left after an argument which I initiated. This prompted me to look at things from a different perspective. I seen thatI needed to charge as I always iended up in similar situations. All the feelings were there but one was closed off. We dont communicate. Even tho recently he tried to make me jealous. I'm just ready to learn this lesson and move forward. What are the cards saying :)

My feeling is that the main focus of this question is about yourself, rather than the other person mentioned, or indeed potential partners in general. The chart I cast has Virgo rising. That makes your significator Mercury. At the time the chart was cast Mercury was in the tenth house, which happens to be Gemini. That gives Mercury two strong dignities, He rules the tenth house and he's angular. Being in his own sign, Mercury signifies that your main concern is yourself, which is the subject of the question. Mercury is also in the Triplicity of Saturn, who rules the fifth of romance and enjoyment,

But Mercury has two major debilities. The first is that Mercury has just stationed Retrograde, which is a significant indicator of change. Although it did move from it's station, it's daily movement was just over 19 minutes of arc, which is under half the travel of Mars, and only twice the travel of Jupiter. So Mercury is moving very slowly indeed and moving in the direction of Mars and the Sun. Mars is a natural malefic and the forthcoming conjunction will not signify anything good. As Mars is also a natural significator of virile but not particularly trustworthy men, I think he symbolises those bad choices in men.

There are two receptions between Mars and Mercury. The first is the applying conjunction in Mercury's sign but it is also the case that Mercury is in the Face of Mars, so there's a very weak reception the other way. These will ensure that Mercury won't be seriously damaged but it probably also signifies that you are still vulnerable to the bad choice of partner.

The following conjunction with the Sun, is already having an effect. Mercury is under the beams, that is it has set into the Sun and can't be seen.

The symbolism shows that you can't see what to do and you can't really move to take any appropriate action. This doesn't initially give an impression of someone who has learned a lesson. For that I would have preferred Mercury in the ninth house, which is concerned with personal development, or in the eleventh house, which is the house of Good Spirit, including hopes and aspirations.

Now that could be mitigated if Mercury was aspecting the ruler of one or both houses. For the ninth that is Venus and for the eleventh that is the Moon. There's no aspect to Venus, though Mercury is in the Bounds of Venus, so it shows your desire to learn the lesson. Venus is in Cancer, though that itself is a positive sign, the ruler of your personal development in the house of hopes and aspirations, coupled with a real desire to learn.

Before Mercury's conjunction with Mars, the Moon will sextile Mercury from Leo before she goes on to conjoin Jupiter. The Moon here translates the light from Mercury to Jupiter. That latter conjunction is particularly significant because Jupiter is a benefic and rules the Seventh house of partnership and marriage.

So it looks like there's a potential relationship ahead. But there's something of a caution here. That conjunction occurs in the twelfth house of Leo and the twelfth is associated with loss and sorrow. The Lord of the twelfth is the Sun, who is currently enveloping Mercury in his beams. So I would treat this possible relationship with a lot of caution. If it does present itself, your 'lesson' could be severely tested. At the moment the chart shows that you are predisposed to learn but there's no clear evidence that you have learned. The Moon's conjunction with Jupiter and how you react to any situation it throws up will be the test of your ability to make a better choice.

Attachments

• Lilkei Lesson.jpg
    Lilkei Lesson.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 61